Fluoropolymer is a fluorocarbon based polymer comprising several strong carbon-fluorine bonds. The fluoropolymers are categorized by high defiance to acids, bases, and solvents. They are stable in nature because of the stability of several carbon-fluorine bonds. The properties of fluoropolymers adapt resistant to corrosion from most of the materials and has a better high-temperature stability than any other plastic. Other outstanding properties of these polymers are low-friction, non-adhesiveness, and other superior electrical properties. They find wide applications in automotive, aircraft, semiconductors, IT, and other sectors.
The global fluoropolymer market is driven by surge in demand from numerous end-use industries such as automotive, electronics & electrical, medical, industrial & chemical processing, and houseware, among others. Also, mended guidelines by the regional environment organizations, and enhanced performance of HPFs have also supported the market growth. The fluoropolymers are application specific due to cost which is a major drawback for the growth of the market. Moreover, new investments in developing research facilities for FEP, PTFE, and PVDF, and advancement in technology are expected to create several growth opportunities for the market in the forecast period.
The global fluoropolymer market is mainly classified on the basis of type, end-user, and geography. The segmentation by type includes Fluorinated Ethylene Propylene (FEP), Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), Polyvinylidene Fluoride (PVDF), Fluoroelastomers, and Other types. By end-user the market is segmented into automotive, construction, healthcare, electrical & electronics, chemical processing, industrial applications, and other end-users. By geography, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW).
Based on geography fluoropolymer market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW). North America is further bifurcated in U.S., Canada, and Mexico whereas Europe consist of UK, Germany, France, Italy, and Rest of Europe. Asia-Pacific is segmented into India, China, Japan, South Korea and Rest of Asia-Pacific while RoW is bifurcated into South America, Middle East, and Africa.
The prominent players operating in the market are Honeywell International Inc., Asahi Glass, Daikin Industries, 3M, Solvay, Shanghai 3F New Materials Co. Ltd., Kureha Corporation, Zhejiang Juhua Co. Ltd., Dyneon GmbH, and Fuxin Hengtong, among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Global Fluoropolymer Market with respect to major segments such as type, end-user, and geography
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015 – 2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Global Fluoropolymer Market has been included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Global Fluoropolymer Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of Global Fluoropolymer Market
- Fluorinated Ethylene Propylene (FEP)
- Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE)
- Polyvinylidene Fluoride (PVDF)
- Other Types
- Electrical & Electronics
- Chemical Processing
- Industrial Applications
- Other End-Users
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Middle East