Pour Point Depressant (PPD) Market Overview :
Pour Point Depressants (PPD), the polymers which minimizes the temperature to suppress the precipitation of hydrocarbons present in oil, are used as an additive in numerous industries related with bulk oil & lubricants. Pour point depressant are widely used in various streams and applications such as middle distillates, transport of crudes, waxy components, heavy oils, and biodiesel, among others to deal with oil treatment challenges. Rapid industrialization in countries such as U.S., China, and Japan, pour point depressant market is likely to register high growth over the forecasted period. The existence of long-chain hydrocarbons in these types of base oils is mandating the manufacturers for usage of pour point depressants.
Growing automotive industry, high growth in emerging nations, and low cost of production are the factors driving the growth of the pour point depressant (PPD) market. However, high quality of fuels & lubricants in developed countries, and economic restraints may hinder the growth of the market. Moreover, high demand from developing economies might provide with several growth opportunities in the forecasted years.
The global pour point depressant (PPD) market is segmented on the basis of chemistry, end user, and geography. The market is segmented by chemistry as styrene esters, poly alkyl methacrylates (PAMA), poly alpha olefin, ethylene co-vinyl-acetate (EVA), and others (oligomerized alkyl phenols, phthalic acid esters & copolymers).Further, the market is segmented by end user as lubricant industry (industrial, automotive industry, aviation, & marine), and oil & gas industry (exploration, production, and refining).
Based on geography, global pour point depressant (PPD) market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW). North America is further bifurcated into U.S., Canada, and Mexico whereas Europe segment consist of UK, Russia, Germany, France, Italy, and Rest of Europe. Asia-Pacific is segmented into India, China, Japan, South Korea, and Rest of Asia-Pacific while RoW is bifurcated into South America, Middle East, and Africa.
The key market players include BASF SE, Evonik Industries, Afton Chemical Corporation, Clariant Chemicals, Croda International Plc., Chevron oronite company LLC, Lubrizol Corporation, Infineum International Ltd, Innospec Inc., and Akzo Nobel N.V., among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Global Pour Point Depressant (PPD) Market with respect to major segments such as chemistry, and end user
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2016 – 2025 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2017 and 2025
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Global Pour Point Depressant (PPD) Market has been included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Global Pour Point Depressant (PPD) Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of the Global Pour Point Depressant (PPD) Market
- Styrene Esters
- Poly Alkyl Methacrylates(PAMA)
- Poly Alpha Olefin
- Ethylene Co-Vinyl-Acetate (EVA)
- Others (Oligomerized Alkyl Phenols, Phthalic Acid Esters & Copolymers)
End User Segments
- Lubricant Industry
- Automotive Industry
- Oil & Gas Industry
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Middle East