Water Treatment Technology Market Overview :
Global Water Treatment Technology Market is estimated to reach $216.9 Billion by 2024; growing at a CAGR of 4.7% from 2016 to 2024. Water treatment technology is a process of making water suitable for any end use. Several regions in the world suffer from water contamination and scarcity. Rapid increase in population, industrialization and rising need for agricultural products are demanding more water of adequate quality daily. Treatment of water involves removal of contamination and making it potable for any use. A basic water treatment involves chemical, physical and biological processes to remove the contaminants. Moreover, technological advancements have led to developed modern devices and techniques that aids in determining the presence and level of harmful chemicals and microorganisms.
Global Water Treatment Technology Market Size and Forecast, 2015 - 2024 (US$ Billion)
Increasing demand for water, government support and initiatives to develop advanced water treatment plants, and rapid industrialization are the key factors driving the growth of the global water treatment technology market. High initial cost for setting up a treatment plant may restrain the growth of the market. Furthermore, rapidly depleting fresh water reserves and increased investment to modernize the treatment plants could provide growth opportunities in the coming years.
The global water treatment technology market is segmented into pumping systems, chemicals, and membrane systems. Pumping systems is categorized into pumps, valves & controls, and automation systems. Furthermore, chemicals are bifurcated into coagulants and flocculants, anti-foamants and defoamers, corrosion and scale inhibitors, activated carbon, biocides, and others. By membrane system type, the market is sub-segmented into reverse osmosis, ultrafiltration, microfiltration, electrodialysis, gas separation & others.
Global Water Treatment Technology market share by region, 2024 (value%)
By geography, the market has been bifurcated into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW). The U.S., Canada, and Mexico are covered under North America wherein Europe covers UK, Germany, and others. Asia-Pacific covers China, Japan, and others. RoW covers South America, Middle East, and Africa.
Key players in the market include KSB Co., KITZ Corp., Solvay SA, BASF, Ashland Hercules, Akzo Nobel N.V., Kirloskar Ebara, Buckman Laboratories International Inc., GE Water and Process Technologies, and The Dow Chemical Company, among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide a detailed analysis of Global Water Treatment Technology Market with respect to major segments such as pumping systems, chemicals, and membrane systems
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015-2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Global Water Treatment Technology Market from 2015 to 2024 has been included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Global Water Treatment Technology Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of the Global Water Treatment Technology Market
Pumping Systems Segment
- Valves & Controls
- Automation Systems
- Coagulants and Flocculants
- Anti-Foamants And Defoamers
- Corrosion and Scale Inhibitors
- Activated Carbon
- Other Chemicals
Membrane Systems Segment
- Reverse Osmosis
- Gas Separation & Others
- North America
- South America
- Middle East