Tablet PC Market Overview :
A tablet PC commonly known as tablet is a mobile PC. It typically comes with a mobile operating system i.e. android, LCD touchscreen display, and a rechargeable battery in a single-thin flat package. Tablets do what other PCs do, but dearth some I/O abilities that computer possess. Tablets have other I/O abilities that suits them to do their usual job. These may include front or rear facing digital cameras, a microphone, flashlight, GPS receiver, proximity sensor, magnetometer, gyroscope, barometer, and an accelerometer. Some have a finger print sensor, face recognition, or iris scanner. Most tablets use Wi-Fi, while some also uses cellular networks, for internet access.
Some of the effective features such as, lightweight, portable, fast start-up, and easy web-browsing are driving the global tablet PC market. Whereas, low- speed processors, fragility, lack of ports are some aspects that may decline the growth of the market. Moreover, government regulations to make use of tablets in school, and colleges for education purpose, and increasing use of hybrid-tablets in business enterprise will generate numerous growth opportunities for the market in the coming years.
The global tablet PC market is mainly classified on the basis of type, size, end-user, and geography. By type, the market is categorized as slate, mini-tablet, convertible/hybrid 2 in 1, gaming, booklet, and customized business tablets. By size, the market is divided into 7 inches, 8 inches, 9 inches, 10 inches, and 11 inches. By end-user, the market comprises of schools & colleges, commercial, residential, healthcare, sales & services, pharmaceutical, retail, marketing, and other end-use categories.
Based on geography, tablet PC market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW). North America is further bifurcated in U.S., Canada, and Mexico whereas Europe consist of UK, Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Asia-Pacific is segmented into India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia-Pacific while RoW is bifurcated into South America, Middle East, and Africa.
The prominent players operating in the market are Apple Inc., Sony Corporation, Samsung Group, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Amazon, Toshiba, LG Electronics, and HTC, among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Global Tablet PC Market with respect to major segments such as type, size, end-user, and geography
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015 – 2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Global Tablet PC Market has been included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Global Tablet PC Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of Global Tablet PC Market
- Convertible/Hybrid 2 in 1
- Customized Business Tablets
- 7 Inches
- 8 Inches
- 9 Inches
- 10 Inches
- 11 Inches
- School & Colleges
- Sales & Services
- Other End-Use Segments
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Middle East