Global Green Packaging Market is estimated to reach $244.9 Billion by 2024; growing at a CAGR of 7.2% from 2016 to 2024. Green packaging is the use of manufacturing processes and materials for packaging goods which provides eco-friendly, environmentally sensitive methods, recyclable, biodegradable materials, and much more. Green packaging aids to reduce material waste, enhances recycling, low energy conservation, and raised use of renewable material. It provides packaging solutions such as, renewable resource-based packaging, recycled material, packaging optimizing, packaging with additives, and others. Increasing consumers demand for sustainable and eco-friendly packaging material fuels the growth of the market globally.
Global Green Packaging Market Size and Forecast, 2015 - 2024 (US$ Billion)
The global green packaging market is majorly driven by adoption of advanced technologies in packaging industry, shortage of natural resources, and growing health awareness. Increasing environmental concerns, and need for economizing of packaging also drives the market growth. However, high cost for recycling, and variations in raw material prices may hamper the growth of the market. Additionally, expanding e-commerce sector, and government restriction on plastic packaging would provide several growth opportunities for the market in the upcoming year.
The global green packaging market has been categorized into packaging type, application and geography. By packaging type, segment is bifurcated into reusable packaging (plastic containers, drums, and others), recycled content packaging (plastic, paper, metal, glass, and others), and bio-degradable packaging. Application segment is classified into healthcare, food and beverages, personal care, and others.
Global Green Packaging market share by region, 2024 (value%)
Based on geography, global green packaging market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW). North America is further bifurcated into U.S., Canada, and Mexico whereas Europe segment consist of UK, Germany, France, Italy, and others. Asia-Pacific is segmented into India, China, Japan, South Korea and others, while RoW is bifurcated into South America, Middle East and Africa.
The key players operating in the market are Amcor Limited, Tetra Laval International S.A., Bemis Company, Inc., E.I. Du Pont de Nemours and Company, Plantic Technologies Ltd., Biopack Environmental Solutions, Inc., Crown Holdings Inc., Innoware Plastic, Inc., Constar International LLC, and Saint-Gobain S.A., among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Global Green Packaging Market with respect to major segments such as packaging type, and application
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015-2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Global Green Packaging Market has been included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Global Green Packaging Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of the Global Green Packaging Market
Packaging Type Segments
- Reusable Packaging
- Plastic Containers
- Other Reusable Packaging
- Recycled Content Packaging
- Other Recycled Content Packagin
- Bio-Degradable Packaging
- Food and Beverages
- Personal Care
- Other Applications
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- South America
- Middle East