Optical brighteners are artificial chemicals combined to liquid and powder laundry detergents to make clothing appear whiter & brighter, and thus cleaner. This chemical compound absorbs light in the violet and ultraviolet zone of the electro-magnetic spectrum, and re-emit light in the blue region by fluorescence. Optical brighteners are also called as optical brightening agents (OBAs), fluorescent whitening agents (FWAs), or fluorescent brightening agents (FBAs). They are modern-day day replacement for the old decades practice of small amounts of blue dye added to fabric to make it emerge whiter.
The major factors driving the global optical brighteners market are upsurge in demand for bio-based surfactants, and low cost of synthetic surfactants compared to other surfactants. However, toxic nature, and sustainability issues of this agents may restrict the growth of the market. Moreover, advancement in technology along with continuous innovation taking place in the industry, and heavy investment by government in promotional campaigns to develop the paper industry is expected to generate various growth opportunities for the market in the forecast period.
The global optical brighteners market is mainly classified on the basis of application, and geography. By application the market is further categorized into synthetic & plastics, papers, fabrics, detergents & soaps, and other applications.
Based on geography, optical brighteners market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW). North America is further bifurcated in U.S., Canada, and Mexico whereas Europe consist of UK, Russia, Germany, France, Italy, and others. Asia-Pacific is segmented into India, China, Japan, South Korea, and others while RoW is bifurcated into South America, Middle East, and Africa.
The key players operating in the market includes BASF SE, Huntsman Corporation, Keystone Aniline Corporation, RPM International Corp., 3 V Incorporation, Clariant AG, The Fong Min International Company Limited, Brilliant Colors Inc., Archroma, and Aron Universal, among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Optical Brighteners Market with respect to major segments such as application and geography
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015-2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Optical Brighteners Market has been included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Optical Brighteners Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of Optical Brighteners Market
- Synthetic & Plastics
- Detergents & Soaps
- North America
- South Korea
- South America
- Middle East