Airborne LiDAR Market Overview :
Global Airborne LiDAR Market is estimated to reach $6,273.9 Million by 2025; growing at a CAGR of 21.4% from 2017 to 2025. LiDAR, which stands for Light Detection and Ranging, is a remote sensing technology, which uses light in the form of pulsed laser to measure various targets. A LiDAR can generate pulses of laser light to a surface and may go up to 150,000 pulses per second and airborne LiDAR instrument uses a laser scanner with up to 400,000 pulses of light per second. An airborne LiDAR is able to cover large areas of land safely and accurately in a matter of minutes.
The global airborne LiDAR market is mainly driven by rising demand for 3D imaging, rising use of UAVs in numerous Type industries, and reduction in price of drones. Moreover, enormous prospects in GIS applications are likely to provide several growth opportunities for the market in the forecast period. However, lack of skilled personals and high cost of the instrument may hinder the growth of the market.
Solution, platform, type, and geography are the bifurcations of the airborne LiDAR market. The solution segment is sub-segmented into system component (hardware and software), industry services (defense & aerospace, forestry & agriculture, oil & gas, transportation & logistics, infrastructure, mining industry, and others). On the basis of platform the segmentation is given as fixed wing aircraft (system, and services), rotary wing aircraft (system, and services), and UAVs (system, and services). Furthermore, type segment comprises airborne topographic LiDAR (system, and services), and airborne bathymetric LiDAR (system, and services).
On the basis of geography, global airborne LiDAR market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW). North America is further bifurcated into U.S., Canada, and Mexico whereas Europe segment consist of UK, Germany, France, Italy, and Rest of Europe. Asia-Pacific is segmented into India, China, Japan, South Korea, and Rest of Asia-Pacific while RoW is bifurcated into South America, Middle East, and Africa.
The key players operating in the market include Saab AB, Leica Geosystems AG, Teledyne Technologies Incorporated, and FLIR Systems, Inc., Faro Technologies Inc., Leosphere SaS, 3D Laser Mapping Inc., Firmatek LLC, Quanergy Systems, Inc., and Raymetrics S.A., among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Global Airborne LiDAR Market with respect to major segments such as solution, platform, type, and geography.
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2016 – 2025 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2017 and 2025
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Global Airborne LiDAR Market has been included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Global Airborne LiDAR Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of the Global Airborne LiDAR Market
- System Component
- Ranging Devices
- Interface Devices
- GPS/Position System
- Inertial Measurement Systems
- Industry Services
- Defense & Aerospace
- Forestry & Agriculture
- Oil & Gas
- Transportation & Logistics
- Mining Industry
- Fixed Wing Aircraft
- Rotary Wing Aircraft
- Airborne Topographic LiDAR
- Airborne Bathymetric LiDAR
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Middle East