Aircraft Gearbox Market Overview :
Global Aircraft Gearbox Market is estimated to reach $6.24 billion by 2025; growing at a CAGR of 8.2% from 2017 to 2025. Various gearbox types used in aircrafts include accessory gearbox (AGB), reduction gearbox (RGB), APU-gearbox, actuation gearbox, tail rotor gearbox, and other gearbox types. In recent years, passenger traffic is increasing in developing countries, like India and China. This increased the demand for lightweight & fuel-efficient aircraft engines which decrease aircraft weight as well as enhance engine efficiency. This boost the advancement of fuel efficient aircraft engines with gearboxes, which is likely to drive the aircraft gearbox market. Current supremacy of pure-power geared turbofan (GTF) engines is the key factor driving the growth of the global aircraft gearbox market during the forecast period.
Existing supremacy of purepower geared turbofan (GTF) engines and growing demand for new aircraft are the key driving factors for the growth of the global aircraft gearbox market. However, existing backlogs in aircraft deliveries might limit the growth of the aircraft gearbox market. Furthermore, growing demand for lightweight aircraft engines as well as high investments in the field of geared turbofan engines would provide new opportunities for the growth of this market.
Global aircraft gearbox market has been categorized on the basis of gearbox type, fit, aircraft type, application, and geography. Gearbox type includes accessory gearbox (AGB), reduction gearbox (RGB), APU-gearbox, actuation gearbox, tail rotor gearbox, and other gearbox types. By fit, market is categorized into linefit and retrofit. Aircraft type includes civil aircraft (commercial passenger/cargo aircraft, general aviation aircraft, and civil helicopters) and military aircraft (transport carriers, fighter jets, and military helicopters). Application includes engine (turboshaft, turboprop, piston engine, and turbofan) and airframe.
Global aircraft gearbox market, on the basis of geography is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW). North America is further bifurcated into U.S., Canada, and Mexico whereas Europe segment consist of UK, Russia, Germany, France, Italy, and Rest of Europe. Asia-Pacific is segmented into India, China, Japan, South Korea, and Rest of Asia-Pacific while RoW is bifurcated into South America, Middle East, and Africa.
The key players operating in the market are United Technologies, Aero Gear, Liebherr, Aero Gearbox International, Northstar Aerospace, PBS Velka Bites, SKF, Triumph Group, CEF Industries, LLC, and Safran, among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Global Aircraft Gearbox Market with respect to major segments such as gearbox type, fit, aircraft type, and application
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2016 – 2025 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2017 and 2025
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Global Aircraft Gearbox Market has been included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Global Aircraft Gearbox Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & Synthetic Platelets, new developments and business strategies
Scope of the Global Aircraft Gearbox Market
Gearbox Type Segments
- Accessory Gearbox (AGB)
- Reduction Gearbox (RGB)
- Actuation Gearbox
- Tail Rotor Gearbox
- Other Gearbox Types
Aircraft Type Segments
- Civil Aircraft
- Commercial Passenger/Cargo Aircraft
- General Aviation Aircraft
- Civil Helicopters
- Military Aircraft
- Transport Carriers
- Fighter Jets
- Military Helicopters
- Piston Engine
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Middle East