Unmanned Ground Vehicle (UGV) Market Overview :
Global Unmanned Ground Vehicle (UGV) Market is estimated to reach $4.1 billion by 2025; growing at a CAGR of 12.3% from 2017 to 2025. Unmanned Ground Vehicle (UGV) is a mechanical machine that moves along the surface of ground to transport or carry something, not a human being. UGV consist of several layers including a power system, a central processor, an emergency halt module and various sensors used for localization. The sensors on board include cameras, an inertial measurement unit, a global positioning module (GPS), quadrature encoders, ultrasonic ranging sensors, and a 2-dimensional laser rangefinder.
Remarkable vehicle combat performance and decrease in risk of person life are the major driver fueling the growth of unmanned ground vehicle (UGV) market. However, restricted battery life of the vehicles may restrict the market from growing. Development of driverless infantry vehicle, rising demand to increase operational efficiency, and demand for self-directed control systems would generate profitable opportunities for the global market.
The major segments of the unmanned ground vehicle (UGV) market are application, size, mode of operation, mobility, component, payload, and geography. Application segment comprises defense and commercial. By size, the market is bifurcated into large, medium, small, and micro. Mode of operation segment consists of tethered, semi-autonomous, autonomous, and tele-operated. Mobility segment is categorized into tracked, and wheeled. Component segment is classified into software, and hardware. Further, by payload, the market is segmented into sensors, lasers, radar, camera, and articulated arm & GPS.
On the basis of geography, global unmanned ground vehicle (UGV) market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW). North America is further bifurcated into U.S., Canada, and Mexico whereas Europe segment consist of UK, Russia, Germany, France, Italy, and Rest of Europe. Asia-Pacific is segmented into India, China, Japan, South Korea, and Rest of Asia-Pacific while RoW is bifurcated into South America, Middle East, and Africa.
The major key market players include Oshkosh Corporation, DOK-ING d.o.o., Nexter Systems, Lockheed Martin Corporation, Northrop Grumman Corporation, BAE Systems PLC, General Dynamics Corporation, iRobot Corporation, RE2, Inc., and HORIBA MIRA Ltd., among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Global Unmanned Ground Vehicle (UGV) Market with respect to major segments such as application, size, mode of operation, mobility, component, and payload
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2016 – 2025 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2017 and 2025
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Global Unmanned Ground Vehicle (UGV) Market has been included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Global Unmanned Ground Vehicle (UGV) Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of the Global Unmanned Ground Vehicle (UGV) Market
- Intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR)
- Physical security
- Explosive ordnance disposal (EOD)
- Crew integration and automation testing
- Oil & gas
- Other Commercial Applications
Mode of Operation Segments
- Articulated Arm & GPS
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Middle East