Biochar is a steady solid, carbon rich charcoal which is majorly used as a soil amendment and can endure for thousands of years in soil. It is produced by heating various waste products such as agricultural waste, wood waste, forest waste, and animal manure. In the production of biochar, these waste products are primarily used as feedstock. Biochar produced through modern pyrolysis procedures is rich in carbon and is very fine-grained residue. Various technologies such as microwave pyrolysis and gasification are used for biochar production.
Increasing demand for organic food, growing usage for soil enhancement, strict government supervisory for soil preservation, benefits relating to waste management, and growing environmental concerns are the factors driving the growth of biochar market. Though, lack of consumer responsiveness, and economic barriers may hinder the growth of the market. Moreover, emerging economies and growing biofuel sector might provide with several growth opportunities in the forecasted years.
The global biochar market is segmented on the basis of application, technology, feedstock, and geography. The market is segmented by application as agriculture, household, and gardening. Technology segment includes Batch Pyrolysis Kiln, Microwave Pyrolysis, Gasifier and Cookstove, Continuous Pyrolysis, and Other technologies. Further, the market is segmented by feedstock as biomass plantation, agriculture waste, animal manure, and forestry waste.
Based on geography, global biochar market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW). North America is further bifurcated in U.S., Canada, and Mexico whereas Europe segment consist of UK, Germany, France, Italy, and Rest of Europe. Asia-Pacific is segmented into India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia-Pacific while RoW is bifurcated into South America, Middle East, and Africa.
The key market players include Vega Biofuels, Inc., Pacific Pyrolysis Pty Ltd, Pacific Biochar, Genesis Industries LLC, CharGrow, LLC, Cool Planet Energy Systems, Diacarbonn Energy Inc., Biochar Supreme LLC, Phoenix Energy, and Earth Systems Bioenergy, among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Biochar Market with respect to major segments such as application, technology, feedstock, and geography
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015 – 2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Biochar Market has been included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Biochar Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of Global Biochar Market
- Batch Pyrolysis Kiln
- Microwave Pyrolysis
- Gasifier and Cookstove
- Continuous Pyrolysis
- Other Technologies
- Biomass Plantation
- Agriculture Waste
- Animal Manure
- Forestry Waste
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Middle East