Global Diesel Engine Market Overview :
Global Diesel Engine Market is estimated to reach $332.7 Billion by 2024; growing at a CAGR of 6.8% from 2016 to 2024. Diesel engine is an internal combustion engine in which air is compressed to an adequately high temperature to ignite diesel fuel inoculated into the cylinder, where expansion and combustion trigger a piston. A diesel engine converts chemical energy stored in the fuel into mechanical energy which is used to power large tractors, freight trucks, locomotives, and marine vessels. Diesel engines are attracting various applications owing to its cost effectiveness and higher efficiency. A limited number of automobiles also are diesel-powered, as are some electric-power generator sets.
The global diesel engine market is mainly driven by factors such as surging demand for heavy-end equipment across several industries, and growing need for construction and auxiliary power equipment. However, growing popularity of electric vehicles is the major hindrance for the market growth. Moreover, the rising adoption of diesel engine in marine transportation is likely to gain significant impetus for the market in the forthcoming years.
End-user and geography are the segmentation considered in the global diesel engine market. The end-user segment is bifurcated into on-road diesel engine, and off-road diesel engine. The on-road diesel engine is further categorized into light vehicles diesel engine, medium/heavy truck diesel engine, and light trucks diesel engine. Furthermore, the off-road diesel engine is segregated on the basis of agriculture equipment diesel engine, industrial/construction equipment diesel engine, and marine diesel engine.
On the basis of geographical analysis, the global diesel engine market is segmented in North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World (RoW). North America is further bifurcated in U.S., Canada, and Mexico, whereas Europe segment consists of UK, Germany, France, Russia, Italy and Rest of Europe. Asia-Pacific is segmented into India, China, Japan, South Korea and Rest of Asia-Pacific while RoW is bifurcated into South America, Middle East and Africa.
The major market players include ACGO Corporation, Robert Bosch GmbH, Deere & Company, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd., FAW Group, General Motors, MAN SE, Continental AG, Ford Motor and GE Transportation, among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Global Diesel Engine Market with respect to major segments such as end-user and geography
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015 – 2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Global Diesel Engine Market has been included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Global Diesel Engine Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of the Global Diesel Engine Market
- On-Road Diesel Engine
- Light Vehicles Diesel Engine
- Medium/Heavy Trucks Diesel Engine
- Light Trucks Diesel Engine
- Off-Road Diesel Engine
- Agriculture Equipment Diesel Engine
- Industrial/Construction Equipment Diesel Engine
- Marine Diesel Engine
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Middle East