A wind tower is the backing or support structure for a wind turbine or its other components. It aids the wind turbine blades to carefully clear the ground and also elevate the turbine to an optimal height to produce electrical energy from the airstream. As speed rises with altitude, tall towers are considered better for maximum output. Also, the length of the tower depends on the size of its blades and the energy producing capacity of the turbine. The towers with huge blades can cause them to come in interaction with constructions on the ground. These towers are also generally used in hot dry weathers for cooling purposes.
Strong government initiatives and support for wind energy development in numerous countries across the world mainly drive the growth in the market. Governments of many developed as well as developing nations are promoting wind energy as a substitute to conventional and traditional energy sources, hence favourably influencing the market growth. Moreover, exhaustion of fossil fuels and also growing demand for sustainable energy sources is anticipated to pose attractive opportunity for the market. However, the high cost of replacement and maintenance of these towers is expected to confine the market growth.
The global wind tower market has been segmented into type of tower, application and geography. On the basis of type, market has been divided into concreate, tubular, lattice, hybrid, and pole towers. On the basis of application, the market has been segmented as offshore and onshore towers.
Based on geography, global wind tower market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW). North America is further bifurcated in U.S., Canada, and Mexico whereas Europe segment consist of UK, Germany, France, Italy, and Rest of Europe. Asia-Pacific is segmented into India, China, Japan, South Korea, and Rest of Asia- Pacific, while RoW is bifurcated into South America, Middle East, and Africa.
The key players operating in the market are General Electric, Suzlon Energy Limited, CS Wind Corporation, Vestas Wind Systems A/S, Trinity Structural Towers, Inc., Shanghai Taisheng Wind Power Equipment, Siemens, Enercon Gmbh, WINDAR Renovables, and KGW Schweriner Maschinen-und Anlagenbau GmbH, among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Wind Tower Market with respect to major segments such as type of tower, application, and geography
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015 - 2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Wind Tower Market has been included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Wind Tower Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of Wind Tower Market
Type of Tower Segments
- Concrete Towers
- Tubular Towers
- Lattice Towers
- Hybrid Towers
- Pole Towers
- Off Shore
- On Shore
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Middle East