Fast Food Market Overview :
Global Fast Food Market is estimated to reach $850.6 Billion by 2024; growing at a CAGR of 5.5% from 2016 to 2024. Fast food can be defined as an alternative to home-made meals which can be prepared quickly, easily accessible, and served. Although this food has less nutrition value as compared to other food products and dishes. Typically, fast food is sold in a restaurant or store with precooked or preheated ingredients, and served to the customer in a packaged form for take away or drive through. These foods are high in sodium, sugar, and fat, which may cause health-related problems, and obesity. Moreover, fast food is also considered as empty calorie food which defines food with bulk of calories and no or fewer micronutrients. Hectic lifestyle of consumers and rising corporate culture have increased the acceptance of fast food globally.
Global Fast Food Market Size and Forecast, 2015 - 2024 (US$ Billion)
Expanding fast food chains, fast pace of urban life, and increasing employment rate of women are the key factors driving the growth of the global fast food market. Moreover, increasing disposable income, and changing food habit also supports the growth of the market. However, increasing health consciousness among consumers and growth in obese population would limit the market growth in the near future. Furthermore, advanced technologies in fabricated foods with unique customization would provide several opportunities for competitors in the coming years.
The global fast food market is segmented by product type, and geography. By product type, the segment is categorized as burger/ sandwich, chicken, pizza/pasta, Asian/Latin American food, sea-food, and other foods.
Global Fast Food market share by region, 2024 (value%)
Based on geography, global fast food market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW). North America is further bifurcated in U.S., Canada and Mexico whereas Europe consist of UK, Germany, France, and others. Asia-Pacific is segmented into China, Indonesia, Australia, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, and others, while RoW is bifurcated into South America, Middle East and Africa.
The key market player includes Kentucky Fried Chicken, McDonald’s, Domino’s Pizza Inc, Pizza Hut, Burger King, Dunkin’ Brands Group, Inc., Papa John’s Pizza, Subway, International Dairy Queen, Inc., and Wendy’s International Inc., among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Global Fast Food Market with respect to major segments such as by product type, and geography
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015-2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Global Fast Food Market has been included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Global Fast Food Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of Global Fast Food Market
Product Type Segments
- Burger/ Sandwich
- Asian/Latin American Food
- Other Product Types
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- South America
- Middle East