Humectants Market Overview :
Humectant, a hygroscopic substance which is used to attract and keep the moisture by absorption. It comprises many hydrophilic groups, like hydroxyl group, ester, and amines & carboxyl groups. This ingredient with moisture retention property find usage in various products like cosmetics, food, medicines as well as pesticides, among others. Humectants are also used as an element of antistatic coatings for plastics. Humectant is common ingredient in many cosmetic & personal care products that are used for moisturization such as lip balms, hair conditioners, face or body cleansers, body lotions, as well as eye creams. With widespread usage for various applications, it is expected to boost the growth of the humectants market over the forecasted period.
High demand from numerous end-use industries, mounting health concerns associated to sugar intake, increasing consumption of bakery & confectionery products, growing consumer demand about low-calorie as well as healthy food & beverage products, growing biodiesel industry are the factors driving the growth of the humectants market. However, strict regulations & international quality standards for humectants may hinder the growth of the market. Moreover, high demand for natural ingredients owing to increasing consumer awareness might provide with several growth opportunities in the forecasted year.
The global humectants market is segmented on the basis of source, type, application, and geography. The humectants market is segmented by source as synthetic, and natural (plant-based, and animal-based), and synthetic. Type includes, glycerol, sugar alcohol, alpha hydroxy acid & polysaccharides, glycols. Further, the market is segmented by application as food & beverages, animal feed, oral & personal care, pharmaceuticals, and other applications.
Based on geography, global humectants market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW). North America is further bifurcated into U.S., Canada, and Mexico whereas Europe segment consist of UK, Russia, Germany, France, Italy, and Rest of Europe. Asia-Pacific is segmented into India, China, Japan, South Korea, and Rest of Asia-Pacific while RoW is bifurcated into South America, Middle East, and Africa.
The key market players include Archer Daniels Midland Company, Ashland Global Holdings Inc., BASF SE, Barentz, Brenntag AG, Cargill Incorporated, E. I. Du Pont De Nemours and Company, Ingredion Incorporated, Roquette Freres, and The DOW Chemical Company, among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Global Humectants Market with respect to major segments such as source, type, and application
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2016 – 2025 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2017 and 2025
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Global Humectants Market has been included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Global Humectants Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of the Global Humectants Market
- Sugar Alcohol
- Alpha Hydroxy Acid & Polysaccharides
- Other types
- Food & Beverages
- Animal Feed
- Oral & Personal Care
- Other Applications
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Middle East