Global Lecithin Market is estimated to reach $1,364 million by 2024; growing at a CAGR of 6.1% from 2016 to 2024. Lecithin is a fat which is essential for the cells of the body. Normally it is found in many foods and regular diet including egg yolks and soya beans. It is also taken as a medicine or as a food supplement and is used in the manufacturing of several medicines. It is used for treating several memory disorders including Alzheimer’s disease, some gallbladder diseases, liver disease, depression, high cholesterol, skin diseases, and others.
Global Lecithin Market Size and Forecast, 2015 - 2024 (US$ Million)
Increasing awareness regarding health issues, high adoption of lecithin in end use industries, changing lifestyles, and growing packaged food industry are the major factor driving the market growth. With the rise in per capita income, the spending on healthcare products and convenience foods have increased, which has finally resulted in growing demand for lecithin. On the other hand, fluctuating prices of raw materials&soya lecithin allergyis the major factor restraining the market growth. Increasing adoption of lecithin in developed countries&emergent markets would provide new opportunities for competitors in the coming years.
The global Lecithin market has been segmented into source, application and geography. On the basis ofsource, the market has been divided into soya, egg, sunflower, and other sources. On the basis of application, the market has been segmented asfood, feed, nutrition & health supplements, cosmetics, and other applications.
Global Lecithin Market, by Source
Based on geography, global Lecithin market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW). North America is further bifurcated in U.S., Canada, and Mexico whereas Europe segment consist of UK, Germany, France, Italy, and Rest of Europe. Asia-Pacific is segmented into India, China, and Rest of Asia- Pacific, while RoW is bifurcated into South America, Middle East, and Africa.
Global Lecithin market Regional Revenue % (2016 Vs 2024)
The key players operating in the market are DuPont Nutrition& Health, Lipoid GmbH, American Lecithin Company, Thew Arnott & Co., Ltd., Archer Daniels Midland Company, Bunge Limited, Cargill Inc., VAV Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd., NOW Foods, and Sternchemie GmbH & Co. KG., among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Lecithin Market with respect to major segments such as source, and application
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015 - 2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Lecithin Market has been included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Lecithin Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of the Global Lecithin Market
- Other Sources
- Nutrition & Health Supplements
- Other Applications
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Middle East
Global Lecithin Market Primary Interviews by Geography