Sports nutrition products are the nutrients which are consumed by mainly athletes and bodybuilders to improve their health, enhance performance & stamina and to increase muscle growth. These nutrients are available in various forms such as sports food, sports drink, & other various sports supplements. Due to rapid urbanization and changing lifestyle, besides bodybuilders & athletes, these sports products are consumed by recreational and lifestyle users. Emerging countries signify high potential growth for these sports nutrients due to increasing health awareness and increasing disposable income.
Rapid urbanization, increasing number of fitness centers and health clubs, concern over personal appearance, increasing number of non-traditional users are the factors driving the growth of the sports nutrition market. Though, food safety issues and accessibility of low-priced counterfeit products may hinder the growth of the market. Moreover, growth of distribution channels and increasing adoption in developing countries might provide with several growth opportunities in the forecasted year.
The global sports nutrition market is segmented on the basis of product type, distribution channel, end user, and geography. Market is segmented by product type into protein bars, iso drink powder, protein powder, supplement powder, capsule/tablets (creatine, BCAA and others), iso & other sports drinks, RTD protein drinks, carbohydrate/energy bars, carbohydrate drinks, and other supplements. Distribution channel segment includes small retail, drug & specialty stores, fitness institutions (gym & health clubs), large retail & mass merchandisers, online & others. Further by end user, market is bifurcated into bodybuilders, athletes, lifestyle users, and recreational users.
Based on geography, global sports nutrition market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Rest of the World (RoW) North America is further bifurcated in U.S., Canada, and Mexico whereas Europe segment consist of UK, Russia, Germany, France, Italy, and others. Asia-Pacific is segmented into India, China, Japan, South Korea, and others while RoW is bifurcated into South America, Middle East, and Africa.
The key market players include Abbott Nutrition Inc., The Coca-Cola Company, PepsiCo Inc., Glanbia Plc., Yakult Honsha Co., Ltd., GNC Holdings, Clif Bar & Company, Reckitt Benckiser Group plc, Otsuka Pharmaceuticals Co., Ltd., Post Holdings, Inc., among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Sports Nutrition Market with respect to major segments such as product type, distribution channel, end-user, and geography
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015 – 2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Sports Nutrition Market has been included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Sports Nutrition Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of Sports Nutrition Market
Product Type Segments
- Protein Bars
- Iso Drink Powder
- Protein Powder
- Supplement Powder
- Capsule/Tablets (Creatine, BCAA and others)
- Iso & Other Sports Drinks
- RTD Protein Drinks
- Carbohydrate/Energy Bars
- Carbohydrate Drinks
- Other Supplements
Distribution Channel Segments
- Small Retail
- Large Retail
- Drug & Specialty Stores
- Fitness Institutions
- Online Sales
- Lifestyle Users
- Recreational Users
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Middle East