An air compressor is a machine that converts power into potential energy stored in pressurized air i.e. compressed air. It is typically done by using an electric motor, diesel, or gasoline engine. An air compressor normally works by forcing more air into storage tank, raising the pressure. When pressure in the tank reaches its higher limit the air compressor shuts-off. Thus, the compressed air is the held in the tank and is ready to use. They supply and monitor air or gas for several industrial & non-industrial applications. Similarly, they enable the gas transfer procedure in various end-use industries such as automobiles, food & beverages, and chemical plants among others. Rapidly mounting industrialization, particularly in emerging economies, and significant prominence on energy conservation has directed to remarkable advancements in compressor technology.
The factors that drive the growth of global air compressor market are arrival of energy resourceful air compressors available in portable models, and improvement of recent air compressors accompanied by reduced maintenance cost. Though, factors such as noise generation and air contamination may limit the market from growing. Moreover, advancement in technology, and development in the home appliances coupled with newer, compact, and user-friendly models is expected to generate various growth opportunities for the market in the forecast period.
The global air compressor market is segmented on the basis of type, lubrication type, technology, application, and geography. Type segment includes portable, and stationary. Lubrication type consists of oil lubricated, and oil free. Technology segment is further classified into rotary, centrifugal, and reciprocating. On the basis of application, the segment comprises home appliances, oil & gas, food & beverage, manufacturing, healthcare, and semiconductor & electronics. Furthermore by geography, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World.
Based on geography, air compressor market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW). North America is further bifurcated in U.S., Canada, and Mexico whereas Europe consists of UK, Russia, Germany, France, Italy, and Rest of Europe. Asia-Pacific is segmented into India, China, Japan, South Korea and Rest of Asia-Pacific while RoW is bifurcated into South America, Middle East, and Africa.
The major market players include Atlas Copco Ltd., Gardner Denver, Inc., Denso Corporation, Siemens Ltd., MAN Diesel & Turbo, General Electric, Sullair, LLC, Ingersoll-Rand plc, Rogers Machinery Company, and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Global Air Compressor Market with respect to major segments such as type, lubrication type, technology, and application
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015 – 2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Global Air Compressor Market has been included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Global Air Compressor Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of Global Air Compressor
Lubrication Type Segments
- Oil Lubricated
- Oil Free
- Home Appliances
- Oil & Gas
- Food & Beverage
- Semiconductor & Electronics
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Middle East