Facial recognition is a software that enables to identify a person from digital images by analyzing patterns based on facial outlines. This technology is being increasingly used due to increased need for enhanced surveillance systems, automatic recognitions, rising focus on human visual system on face recognition, and growing human-computer interface. Furthermore, advancements in recognition technology such as 3-D modeling will overcome existing technical issues. This technology is mostly used for security purpose, though, it has potential for wide range of application such as law enforcement.
Technological advancements, rising investments in R&D on facial analytics, increasing adoption for surveillance purpose, and rise in use by various government agencies are the key factors propelling the growth of the global facial recognition market. However, lack of accurateness and risk of interoperability could pose challenge for the market growth. Furthermore, increasing development of smart cities would provide market opportunities in the coming years.
The global facial recognition market is categorized on the basis of component type, technology, application, and geography. Component type includes software, and hardware (cameras, scanners, integrated devices, and handheld devices). Technology is segmented as 2D facial recognition, 3D facial recognition, and facial analytics. Application segment is bifurcated into business intelligence, physical security, criminal investigation, homeland security, ID management, photo indexing and sorting, web applications, and others.
By geography the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the world (RoW). The U.S., Mexico, and Canada are covered under North America wherein Europe covers UK, Germany, France, Italy, and Rest of Europe. Asia-Pacific covers China, India, Japan, South Korea, and Rest of Asia-Pacific. Rest of the world (RoW) covers South America, Middle East, and Africa.
The key players include Cognitec Systems GMBH, Fulcrum Biometrics, 3M, FaceFirst, Inc., Animetrics Inc., Daon Inc., Keylemon, Imagus Technology, NEC, and Ayonix, among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Global Facial Recognition Market with respect to major segments such as component type, technology, application, and geography
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015-2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities is included in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Global Facial Recognition Market will be provided in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Global Facial Recognition Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of Global Facial Recognition Market
Component Type Segments
- Integrated Devices
- Handheld Devices
- 2D Facial Recognition
- 3D Facial Recognition
- Facial Analytics
- Business Intelligence
- Physical Security
- Criminal Investigation
- Homeland Security
- Id Management
- Photo Indexing and Sorting
- Web Applications
- Other Applications
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of the World
- South America
- Middle East