Quantum computing is the area of study centered on upgrading computer technology based on the principles of quantum theory, that explain the nature & behavior of matter and energy on the quantum i.e. atomic and subatomic level. They examine computation systems that compel the direct use of quantum mechanical phenomena, which are entanglement and superposition. Owing to these phenomena of entanglement and superposition, a quantum computer is proficient to perform improbable number of calculations simultaneously. Due to this quality, quantum computing is much quicker than classical computing.
The growth of global quantum computing market is majorly driven by factors such as increasing incidences of cybercrimes, rising investment by various government organizations, and growing implementation of this technology in defence & automotive sector. However, presence of alternate technology and unwillingness to accept new technology by end-users are the major drawback for the market restricting the growth. Moreover, usage of quantum cryptography to protect mobile transactions, and rise in adoption of this technology in drug discovery is expected to generate several growth opportunities for the market in the coming future.
The global quantum computing market is mainly classified on the basis of revenue source, industry vertical, application, and geography. The revenue source is classified into hardware, software, and services. By industry vertical, the segment is divided into defence, chemicals, banking & finance, energy & power, and healthcare & pharmaceuticals. Classification by application includes simulation, optimization, and sampling.
Based on geography, global mixed reality market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW). North America is further bifurcated in U.S., Canada, and Mexico whereas Europe consists of UK, Russia, Germany, France, Italy, and Rest of Europe. Asia-Pacific is segmented into India, China, Japan, South Korea and Rest of Asia-Pacific while RoW is bifurcated into South America, Middle East, and Africa.
The key players operating in the market are Microsoft Corporation, Google Inc., IBM Corporation, Nokia Technologies, Cambridge Quantum Computing Limited, Intel Corporation, Fujitsu, Toshiba Corporation, D-Wave Systems Inc., and QC Ware Corp. among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Global Quantum Computing Market with respect to major segments such as revenue source, industry vertical, and application
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015 – 2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Global Quantum Computing Market has been included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Global Quantum Computing Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of Global Quantum Computing Market
Revenue Source Segments
Industry Vertical Segments
- Banking & finance
- Energy & Power
- Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Middle East