Software-defined networking (SDN) is a term encompassing numerous kinds of network technology intended at making the network as flexible and agile as the storage infrastructure and virtualized server of the current data centre. The major goal of SDN is to permit network engineers and administrators to answer quickly to varying business requirements and needs. In a software-defined network, the network administrator can handle traffic from a centralized control console without touching individual switches, and can provide or deliver services to anywhere they are needed or required in the network, without any regard to what devices a server or other components are connected to. The vital technologies for SDN application are network virtualization, automation through programmability and functional separation.
The major driving factors include, increasing demand in mobility, increased complexity of network and diverse traffic patterns, increasing demand for cloud based services, server virtualization and data centre consolidation. Security concerns are the major factor restricting the market growth. Factors such as increasing use of cloud based services, technological advancements and innovative offerings are expected to provide vast opportunities in the market to the players.
The global software defined networking market has been segmented into solution, application and geography. On the basis of solution, global market has been divided into network infrastructure, virtualization and control software, professional services and network services. On the basis of application, the market has been segmented as BFSI, healthcare, government and defence, consumer goods and retail, manufacturing, ITES, and others.
Based on geography, global software defined networking market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW). North America is further bifurcated in U.S., Canada, and Mexico whereas Europe segment consist of UK, Germany, France, Italy, and others. Asia-Pacific is segmented into India, China, Japan, South Korea, and others while RoW is bifurcated into South America, Middle East, and Africa.
The key players operating in the market are Cisco Systems, Inc., Intel Corporation, Big Switch Networks, Inc., Ciena Corporation, Hewlett Packard Enterprise Co., Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., Pluribus Networks Inc., NEC Corporation, Pica8, and International Business Machines Corporation among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Software Defined Networking Market with respect to major segments such as solution, application, and geography
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015 - 2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Software Defined Networking Market has been included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Software Defined Networking Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of Software Defined Networking Market
- Network Infrastructure
- Virtualization and Control Software
- Professional Services
- Network Services
- Government and Defense
- Consumer goods and Retail
- North America
- South Korea
- South America
- Middle East