Biopsy Devices Market Overview :
A biopsy is a medical test, mainly used to detect cancer, performed by surgeons, cardiologist or by radiologist. It involves in the extraction of sample cells or tissues for examination to determine the presence of diseases. A biopsy can be used to investigate the abnormalities which can be functional, such as kidney and liver problems or structural, such as swelling in a particular organ. Biopsy of any cell or organ is to diagnose the abnormalities as benign or malignant. There are two main types of biopsies, needle and surgical biopsy.
Increasing number of incidences of cancer such as breast, prostate and lung is stimulating the growth of world biopsy market. Moreover, increasing demand for minimal invasion surgeries, rapid technological advancements and increasing awareness for diagnosis is also expected to elevate the market. However, high cost of biopsy devices and stringent regulations and standards for the use of biopsy and increasing complaints of breast cancer screening procedures are impeding the growth of the market. Increasing public awareness about chronic diseases in developing countries and need for disease screening for their early diagnosis and treatment provides opportunity for the growth of the market.
The market is segmented based on the device type, application, end user and geography. On the basis of device type, the market is segmented into needle biopsy and surgical biopsy. Based on application, the market is segmented into scientific research, medical diagnosis,and genetic fingerprinting. Furthermore, end user can be segmented into Pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry, academic research institute, contract research organizations, and forensic labs. Based on geography, the biopsy device market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and rest of the world (RoW).
Some of the major companies in global biopsy devices market are Carefusion, Devicor Medical Products Inc. Angiotech, Cardinal Health Inc.,and INRAD, Inc, among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of biopsy devices market with respect to major segments such as device type, application and end user of the market.
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015-2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities has been included in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of biopsy devices market has been covered under the scope of the report
- Profile of key players of the global biopsy devices market, which include key financials, product & services and new developments
Scope of Biopsy Devices Market
Device Type Segments
- Needle biopsy
- Surgical biopsy
- Scientific research
- Medical diagnosis
- Genetic fingerprinting
End User Segments
- Pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry
- Academic research institute
- Contract research organizations
- Forensic labs
- North America
- South America
- Middle East