Circulating tumor cells are those cells that have been shed by the primary tumor into vasculature and circulate throughout the blood stream of patients infected with cancer. These cells cannot be easily identified owing to the presence of less number in blood. Recent technological advancements have led to the accurate detection of circulating tumor cells. Detection of CTCs can reveal a lot more about the tumor. They also aid in the concept of tailor-made medicine and targeted therapy. CTCs can also be used as biomarkers and an alternative to invasive biopsies for the detection and monitoring of cancers.
The factors that are propelling the growth of the circulating tumor cells (CTC) diagnostics market are increasing prevalence of cancer, technological advancements, need for non-invasive diagnostic techniques, and growing popularity of personalized medicines. However, high cost and various government regulations may hamper the growth of the market. However, advanced technologies, need for liquid biopsies and market expansion can provide several growth opportunities in the coming years.
The global circulating tumor cells (CTC) diagnostics market is segmented based on the technology, application and geography. The circulating tumor cells (CTC) diagnostics market is segmented by technology as microchips, negative selection, ex-vivo & in-vivo positive selection, immunocytochemical, in-vivo cell invasion assay, EPISPOT in-vivo cell culture, molecular RNA based and others. Further, the market is segmented by application as cancer stem cell research, EMT biomarker development, and tumorigenesis.
Based on geography, global circulating tumor cells (CTC) diagnostics market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, rest of the world (RoW) North America is further bifurcated in U.S., Canada and Mexico whereas Europe segment consist of UK, Russia, Germany, France, Italy, and others. Asia-Pacific is segmented into India, China, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea and others while Rest of the World (RoW) is bifurcated into South America, Middle East and Africa.
The key market players include Fluxion Biosciences, Inc., Stemcell Technologies, Inc., Biocep Ltd., Janssen Diagnostics LLC, Sysmex Corporation, Aviva Biosciences, Advanced Cell Diagnostics, Clearbridge BioMedics, Greiner Bio-one GmbH, and Cynvenio Biosystems, Inc., among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Circulating Tumor Cells (CTC) Diagnostics Market with respect to major segments such as technology and application
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015-2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Circulating Tumor Cells (CTC) Diagnostics Market has been included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Circulating Tumor Cells (CTC) Diagnostics Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies.
Scope of Circulating Tumor Cells (CTC) Diagnostics Market
- Negative Selection
- Ex-Vivo & In-Vivo Positive Selection
- In-Vivo Cell Invasion Assay
- EPISPOT In-Vivo Cell Culture
- Molecular RNA Based
- cancer stem cell research
- EMT biomarker development
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- South America
- Middle East