DNA sequencing technique is used to determine the nucleotide sequence of DNA. It is the blueprint which contains genetic information, used in understanding its evolution or function. DNA sequencing helps in the understanding of genetic biology and has a vast potential for medical diagnosis and treatments. This technique is now widely being used in the field of medical research, where the DNA sequencing can be used to detect the genes associated with heredity or acquired diseases.
Increasing applications and technological advancements in new generation sequencing methods is expected to drive the market. Moreover, growing incidences of cancer, pre and neo-natal disorders and inherited rare disorders and elevates the market. However, faster changes in technology and increasing competition restrain the growth of the market. Rising complexity of diseases and high research and development costs also hinders the growth of market. Opportunity for this market arises from the non-invasive detection and personalized treatments and medicines.
The market is segmented based on the application, end user and geography. On the basis of application, the DNA sequencing market is segmented into drug discovery, forensics, agriculture and biotechnology. Furthermore, end user can be segmented into clinical and diagnostics, research institutes, academic institutes and pharmaceutical companies. Based on geography, the biopsy device market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and rest of the world (RoW).
Some of the major companies in DNA sequencing market are Johnson & Johnson, Abbott Laboratories, ZS Genetics,GE Healthcare Life Sciences, and Siemens AG, among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of DNA sequencing market with respect to major segments such as end user and application of the market.
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015-2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024.
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities.
- An exhaustive regional analysis of DNA sequencing market.
- Profile of key players of the DNA sequencing market, which include key financials, product & services and new developments.
Scope of DNA Sequencing Market
End User Segments
- Clinical and diagnostics
- Research institutes
- Academic institutes
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Drug discovery
- North America
- United Kingdom
- South Korea
- South America
- Middle East