Omega-3 fatty acids are polyunsaturated fatty acids, found in foods such as fish, vegetable oil, flaxseeds and others that are important for the functions of the body. These acids are essential for a number of body functions which include digestion, muscle activity, fertility, cell division, blood clothing and brain developments & functions, among others. Fatty acids such as EPA and DHA have been proved to be essential for the fatal development, Alzheimer’s disease and cardiovascular functions. However, our body does not produce some of these fatty acids; hence it is recommended to take adequate supplements of omega-3 fatty acids. According to the U.S. Food And Drug Administration, a person can consume up to 3g per day, with the combination of EPA and DHA, which also includes 2g per day from dietary supplements. Higher doses can possibly cause bleeding problems and effect immune function. Various research organizations are investigating the possible effects of omega-3 fatty acids on numerous conditions including Autism spectrum disorders, Autoimmune diseases, HIV infections, epilepsy and others.
Increasing lifestyle diseases including obesity among teenagers and rising demand for supplementary & functional foods due to growing health consciousness among consumers are fuelling the growth of the global omega-3 market. Moreover, growing applications in animal foods and infants formulas also supports the growth of the market. However, lack of awareness in underdeveloped nations and lack of intake standards is expected to restrain the growth of the market. Nevertheless, growing applications and increasing investments on R&D is anticipated to provide growth opportunities in coming years.
The global soy protein market is segmented based on the type, source and geography. By type, it is segmented into EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid), ALA (alpha-linolenic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid). Furthermore, source type is segmented into vegetable oils, soya & soya products, nuts & seeds and marine.
By geography the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and rest of the world (RoW). The U.S., Canada and Mexico are covered under North America wherein Europe covers Germany, France, Italy, U.K. and others. Asia-Pacific covers China, Japan, South Korea, India and others. Rest of the World (RoW) covers Middle East, South America and Africa.
Key market players include Cargill, Inc., Omega Protein Corporation, FMC Corporation, Royal DSM, LUHUA BIOMARINE (SHADONG) CO., LTD., Polaris, GC Reiber Oils, Olvea Fish Oils and Pharma Marine AS.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Omega-3 Market with respect to major segments such as type and source
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015-2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be included in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Omega-3 Market will be provided in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Omega-3 Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of Omega-3 Market
- EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid)
- ALA (Alpha-Linolenic Acid)
- DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid)
- Vegetable Oils
- Soya and Soya Products
- Nuts and Seeds
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Middle East