3D Printing Medical Device Market Overview :
3D printing is a category of additive manufacturing. The flexibility of 3D printing permit the designer to make changes effortlessly without the need of set up the extra equipment. This enables manufacturers to make devices coordinated to a patient’s anatomy (patient-specific equipment’s). These capabilities have flashed huge attention in 3D printing of medical devices including food, automotive parts, household items and other products. It has wide applications in dental and medical healthcare, aerospace, jewelry, architecture and automotive. This technology has transformed preclinical drug testing by enabling test on 3D printed organs as an alternative to animal testing.
Increasing applications of 3D printing in the medical Industry, technological developments in 3D printing and easy expansion of modified medical products using 3D printings are the key drivers fueling the global 3D printing medical device market. However, socio-ethical worries related to the usage of 3D-printing products may limit the market from growing. Moreover, growing demand for organ transplant and direct digital manufacturing are likely to open up new growth opportunities for the market in the forthcoming future.
Material, application, technology, distribution channel and geography are the major segments considered in the global 3D printing medical device market. The material segment includes plastics, metals and alloys, and biomaterial inks. Application segment comprises cranio-maxillofacial implants, orthopedic implants, dental implants and internal, and external prostheses. The technology segment is categorized on the basis of based 3D printing, selective laser sintering (SLS) –powder based 3d printing, stereolithography (SLA) – liquid, fused deposition modeling (FDM): plastic filament extrusion-based technology, digital light processing(DLP), electronic beam melting (EBM) and polyjet / inkjet 3D Printing. Further, by distribution channel, the segment is bifurcated into diagnostic centers, hospitals and ambulatory surgical center (ASCs).
Key players operating in the market include 3D Systems, Inc., Stratasys Ltd., ENVISIONTEC, INC., 3D Systems, Inc., Renishaw plc, Materialise, Arcam AB, Concept Laser GmbH, Carbon, Inc. CA., ORGANOVO HOLDINGS, INC., among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Global 3D Printing Medical Device Market with respect to major segments such as material, application, technology, distribution channel and geography.
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2016 – 2025 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2017 and 2025
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Global 3D Printing Medical Device Market has been included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Global 3D Printing Medical Device Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of the Global 3D Printing Medical Device Market
- Metals and Alloys
- Biomaterial Inks
- Cranio-Maxillofacial Implants
- Orthopedic Implants
- Dental Implants
- Internal and External Prostheses
- Based 3D Printing
- Selective Laser Sintering (SLS) –Powder Based 3d Printing
- Stereolithography (SLA) – Liquid,
- Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM): Plastic Filament Extrusion-Based Technology
- Digital Light Processing(DLP)
- Electronic Beam Melting (EBM) And Polyjet / Inkjet 3D Printing
Distribution Channel Segments
- Diagnostic Centers
- Ambulatory Surgical Centre (ASCs)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Middle East