Bionic Eye Market Overview :
Global Bionic Eye Market is estimated to reach $36.9 Billion by 2025; growing at a CAGR of 9.6% from 2017 to 2025. Bionic eye is an artificial visual device used to restore the visual function of the patient with complete or partial blindness. It is also known as visual prosthesis. The bionic eye is an artificial eye constructed in a way so that it can reproduce the functions of the damaged eye so that it can work properly. Various factors such as growing demand for artificial organs in the healthcare sector, growing number of people suffering from partial or complete blindness, and growing problems of eye due to ageing are expected to drive the growth of the bionic eye market over the forecasted period.
Increasing prevalence of diseases affecting eye sight, technological development and increasing prevalence of diseases like diabetes, growing age & age associated disorders, growing accidents and injuries, increasing adoption of organ transplantation are the factors driving the growth of the bionic eye market. However, high cost of device, and dearth of professionals may hinder the growth of the market. Moreover, alternative therapies such as laser therapy, anti-angiogenic drugs, photodynamic laser therapy (PTD), and retinitis pigmentosamight provide with several growth opportunities in the forecasted year.
The global bionic eye market is segmented on the basis of method of fixation, technology, end user, and geography. The market is segmented by method of fixation as external eye and implanted eye. External eye is further divided into retinal prosthesis and microsystem-based visual prosthesis (MIVP). Further, the market is segmented by technology as electronic and mechanical. End user includes into hospitals, clinics and other end users.
Based on geography, global bionic eye market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW). North America is further bifurcated into U.S., Canada, and Mexico whereas Europe segment consist of UK, Russia, Germany, France, Italy, and Rest of Europe. Asia-Pacific is segmented into India, China, Japan, South Korea, and Rest of Asia-Pacific while RoW is bifurcated into South America, Middle East, and Africa.
The key market players include Retina Implant AG, Bionic Vision Australia, THE BIONIC EYE, Pixium Vision, iBionics, Second Sight Medical Products, Inc., NeoStrata Company, Inc., ABIOMED, Berlin Heart, and Zimmer Biomet, among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Global Bionic Eye Market with respect to major segments such as method of fixation, technology, and end user
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2016 – 2025 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2017 and 2025
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Global Bionic Eye Market has been included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Global Bionic Eye Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of the Global Bionic Eye Market
Method of Fixation Segments
- External Eye
- Retinal Prosthesis
- Microsystem-Based Visual Prosthesis (MIVP)
- Implanted Eye
End User Segments
- Other End Users
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Middle East