Bone Densitometers Market Overview :
A bone densitometer is used to accurately measure the bone density as well as mineral content present in the bones to diagnose osteoporosis like clinical conditions which can cause brittle bones likely to fracture. Due to increasing occurrence of metabolic bone diseases, it is believed to be responsible for the huge clinical urgency to accept bone densitometers, thereby driving the market demand. Rising geriatric & obese population, which is very susceptible to developing disorders like osteoporosis, which is further expected to drive the demand of bone densitometersover the forecasted period.
Growing geriatric population, rising occurrence of osteoporosis & vitamin D deficiency, advanced technology in bone densitometry field, supportive reimbursement situation in developed nations are the factors driving the growth of the bone densitometers market. However, high cost and risks related with bone densitometers may hinder the growth of the market. Moreover, rising awareness & high acceptance of bone densitometers and emerging markets might provide with several growth opportunities in the forecasted year.
The global bone densitometers market is segmented on the basis of technology, end user, and geography. The market is segmented by technology as axial bone densitometry, and peripheral bone densitometry. Axial bone densitometry is further classified into dual energy x-ray absorptiometry (DEXA), and quantitative computed tomography (QCT). Peripheral bone densitometry is further categorized into single energy x-ray absorptiometry (SEXA), dual energy x-ray absorptiometry (pDEXA), radiographic absorptiometry (RA), quantitative ultrasound (QUS), peripheral quantitative computed tomography (pQCT). End user comprises hospitals, clinics, and other end users.
Based on geography, global bone densitometers market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW). North America is further bifurcated into U.S., Canada, and Mexico whereas Europe segment consist of UK, Russia, Germany, France, Italy, and Rest of Europe. Asia-Pacific is segmented into India, China, Japan, South Korea, and Rest of Asia-Pacific while RoW is bifurcated into South America, Middle East, and Africa.
The key market players include BeamMed Ltd., Diagnostic Medical Systems S.A., GE Healthcare, Hologic, Inc., Osteometer Meditech, Inc., Lone Oak Medical Technologies, LLC, CooperSurgical, Inc., Medilink, Medonica Co., Ltd, and CompuMed, Inc., amongst others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Global Bone Densitometers Market with respect to major segments such as technology, and end user
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2016 – 2025 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2017 and 2025
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Global Bone Densitometers Market has been included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Global Bone Densitometers Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of the Global Bone Densitometers Market
- Axial Bone Densitometry
- Dual Energy X-Ray Absorptiometry (DEXA)
- Quantitative Computed Tomography (QCT)
- Peripheral Bone Densitometry
- Single Energy X-Ray Absorptiometry (SEXA)
- Dual Energy X-Ray Absorptiometry (pDEXA)
- Radiographic Absorptiometry (RA)
- Quantitative Ultrasound (QUS)
- Peripheral Quantitative Computed Tomography (pQCT)
End user Segments
- Other End Users
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Middle East