Coated Endotracheal Tube Market Overview :
Endotracheal tubes are used for intubation into the trachea to establish & maintain airway patency, secure the airway, and to administer certain drugs. These medical devices are used for mechanical ventilation, so there is threat for microbial attack into the airways. Thus, to avoid or reduce the occurrence of hospital developed infection or ventilator-associated pneumonia (VAP), endotracheal tubes are coated by a drug-releasing coating that releases antimicrobial agents to prevent bacterial growth & biofilm formation. These tubes are coated by drugs or materials, provide antimicrobial properties to endotracheal tube. Coatings comprise chlorhexidine, heparin, silver, rifampicin, & minocycline agents. VAP is a significant source of morbidity & death in critically ill patients. Prevention of VAP infections can be done by using coated endotracheal tubes, instead of non-coated. Increasing occurrence of VAP is likely to upsurge the requirement of coated endotracheal tubes, thus boosting the growth of the market.
Increasing number of surgical procedures around the world, benefits of coated endotracheal tubes, and huge geriatric population & related increase in chronic diseases are the factors driving the growth of the coated endotracheal tube market. However, shortage of skilled professionals may hinder the growth of the market. Moreover, technological development in endotracheal tubes, and emerging economies might provide with several growth opportunities in the forecasted year.
The global coated endotracheal tube market is segmented on the basis of intubation, application, end user, and geography. The market is segmented by intubation as nasotracheal intubation and orotracheal intubation. Further, the market is segmented by application as anesthesia, emergency medicine, and other applications. End user includes hospital, clinics, and ambulatory surgical centers.
Based on geography, global coated endotracheal tube market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW). North America is further bifurcated into U.S., Canada, and Mexico whereas Europe segment consist of UK, Russia, Germany, France, Italy, and Rest of Europe. Asia-Pacific is segmented into India, China, Japan, South Korea, and Rest of Asia-Pacific while RoW is bifurcated into South America, Middle East, and Africa.
The key market players include Bactiguard Holding AB, C.R. Bard, Inc., Enox Biopharma Inc., Innovative Surface Technologies, Inc., N8 Medical, LLC, Sharklet Technologies, Inc., Sonoma Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Teleflex Incorporated, Hospiteknik Healthcare, and Venner Medical International.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Global Coated Endotracheal Tube Market with respect to major segments such as intubation, application, and end user
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2016 – 2025 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2017 and 2025
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Global Coated Endotracheal Tube Market has been included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Global Coated Endotracheal Tube Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of the Global Coated Endotracheal Tube Market
- Nasotracheal Intubation
- Orotracheal Intubation
- Emergency Medicine
- Other Applications
End User Segments
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Middle East