Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS) Devices Market Overview :
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) devices are used in glaucoma surgery to deliver a safer as well as less invasive means of reducing intraocular pressure (IOP), compared to conventional glaucoma surgery devices. The arrival of MIGS devices has changed the patients care with mild-to-moderate glaucoma conditions. With better safety & less recovery time after surgery as related to more invasive techniques is boosting the demand for MIGS devices over the forecasted period. MIGS devices are mostly employed in combined cataract surgeries through phacoemulsification. Two mostly used approaches of IOP reduction with MIGS include rise in trabecular outflow by avoiding the juxtacanalicular trabecular meshwork, & increase in uveoscleral outflow through suprachoroidal pathways. This is expected to boost the growth of the MIGS market in the coming years.
Growing geriatric population along with high prevalence of glaucoma across the globe, high demand for combined glaucoma & cataract surgeries, and high emphasis of key players in the MIGS stents development are the factors driving the growth of the minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) devices market. However, high cost and lack of skilled professionals may hinder the growth of the market. Moreover, heavy investment by manufacturers of the market in the developing nations might provide with several growth opportunities in the forecasted year.
The global minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) devices market is segmented on the basis of surgery, target, product, end user, and geography. The market is segmented by surgery as glaucoma in conjunction with cataract, and stand alone glaucoma. Further, the market is segmented by target as trabecular meshwork, suprachoroidal space, and other targets. Product includes MIGS stents, MIGS shunts, and other products. Additionally, the market is categorized by end user into eye hospitals, ophthalmology clinics, and outpatient surgical centers.
Based on geography, global minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) devices market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW). North America is further bifurcated into U.S., Canada, and Mexico whereas Europe segment consist of UK, Russia, Germany, France, Italy, and Rest of Europe. Asia-Pacific is segmented into India, China, Japan, South Korea, and Rest of Asia-Pacific while RoW is bifurcated into South America, Middle East, and Africa.
The key market players include Glaukos Corporation, Alcon Inc. (Novartis), Ellex Medical Lasers Limited, Allergan Plc, Santen Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., Lumenis, Ivantis, Inc., SOLX, Inc, iSTAR Medical, and Bausch & Lomb Inc., among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Global Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS) Devices Market with respect to major segments such as surgery, target, product, and end user
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2016 – 2025 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2017 and 2025
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Global Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS) Devices Market has been included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Global Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS) Devices Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of the Global Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS) Devices Market
- Glaucoma in Conjunction with Cataract
- Stand Alone Glaucoma
- Trabecular Meshwork
- Suprachoroidal Space
- Other Targets
- MIGS Stents
- MIGS Shunts
- Other Products
End User Segments
- Eye Hospitals
- Ophthalmology Clinics
- Outpatient Surgical Centers
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Middle East