Global Biotechnology Market Overview :
Global Biotechnology Market is estimated to reach $726.8 billion by 2025; growing at a CAGR of 8.1% from 2017 to 2025. Biotechnology is the technology to upgrade or modify the whole part of biological system for human and industrial welfare. It is defined as the industrial application of living organisms and their biological processes such as microbiology, genetic engineering, biochemistry among others, so as to make best usage of the microorganisms for the benefit of mankind. Industrial biotechnology application has also steered some clear processes that produces less waste, less energy and water. It is also used in various industrial sectors such as pulp chemical, paper, textiles, minerals and metal industries, among others.
Increasing demand for therapeutic and diagnostic solutions on principles of red biotechnology, recombinant technology, and DNA sequencing are the factors propelling the growth of the market. However, risks associated with GM organisms and crops may limit the market from growing. Moreover, growing prevalence of diseases such as cancer, hepatitis B, and other orphan disorders are expected to equally influence the overall growth of market during the forecast period.
The global biotechnology market is segmented on the basis of technology, application and geography. Technology segment is categorized into fermentation, cell-based assay, PCR technology, chromatography, DNA sequencing, nanobiotechnology, tissue engineering and regeneration and other technologies. Application segment is bifurcated into natural resources & environment, industrial processing, bioinformatics, health, food & agriculture and other applications.
Based on geography, the global biotechnology market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW). North America is further bifurcated in U.S., Canada, and Mexico whereas Europe consists of UK, Russia, Germany, France, Italy, and Rest of Europe. Asia-Pacific is segmented into India, China, Japan, South Korea and Rest of Asia-Pacific while RoW is bifurcated into South America, Middle East, and Africa.
The key players operating in the market are Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Pfizer Inc., Merck & Co., Inc., Sanofi, Abbott Laboratories, Amgen Inc., AstraZeneca, Biogen, and Celgene Corporation, among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Global Biotechnology Market with respect to major segments such as technology, and application
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2016 – 2025 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2017 and 2025
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Global Biotechnology Market has been included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Global Biotechnology Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of the Global Biotechnology Market
- Cell-Based Assay
- PCR Technology
- DNA Sequencing
- Tissue Engineering and Regeneration
- Other Technologies
- Natural Resources & Environment
- Industrial Processing
- Food & Agriculture
- Other Applications
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Middle East