Healthcare supply chain management involves obtaining, managing and delivering of the materials or services to the providers or end-users. A typical healthcare SCM consists of three flows which includes physical, information and financial flows. Many healthcare organizations are adopting the SCM to improve and deliver quality healthcare. Additionally, companies must also keep in mind about the product cycle and the patterns of consumer’s demand. Healthcare OEMs need to have better understanding on the demand and supply scenario, effective communications and be transparent on possible supply issues.
Adoption of information technology, need to reduce the rising healthcare cost and rising demand for high quality services on time are supporting the growth of the healthcare supply chain management market. However, high cost of software and high variations in customer preferences and demands may hinder the growth of the market. Furthermore, entry for new players and developing markets in remote areas of emerging economies would provide growth opportunities in the coming years.
The global healthcare supply chain management market is segmented based on the hardware, software, end-user and geography. By hardware, it is further segmented into RFID, system, barcode and others. Software is segmented into transportation software, supplier management software, procurement software and others. Furthermore, end-use is segmented into suppliers, distributors, healthcare providers and others.
By geography, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World (RoW). The U.S., Canada and Mexico are covered under North America wherein Europe covers U.K., Italy, France, Germany and others. Asia-Pacific covers China, India, Japan, South Korea and others. RoW covers South America, Middle East and Africa.
Key market players include, Geisinger Health System, Oracle Corporation, SAP AG Group, McKesson Corporation, Jump Technologies, Inc., Global Healthcare Exchange, LogiTag Systems Ltd, TECSYS Inc., Providence Health & Services, and Intermountain Healthcare, among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Healthcare Supply Chain Management Market with respect to major segments such as hardware, software and end-use
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015-2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Healthcare Supply Chain Management Market is included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Healthcare Supply Chain Management Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of Healthcare Supply Chain Management Market
- Transportation Software
- Supplier Management Software
- Procurement Software
- Healthcare Providers
- North America
- South Korea
- South America
- Middle East