Radiopharmaceuticals Market Overview :
Radiopharmaceutical is a radioactive pharmaceutical agent which is used diagnostic or therapeutic procedures. A radiopharmaceutical is made up of two components that are drug component and radioactive component. This radioactive component consists of radioistopes which emits gamma rays which help in diagnostic. Moreover, these radioisotopes emits short range particles which lose their power in short distance which causes a lot of cell destruction. Radiopharmaceutical have been used effectively for cancer cell destruction, pain treatment in palliative care for bone cancer or arthritis.
The growth of global radiopharmaceutical market is attributed to the factors such as increase in the number of patients of cancer, dementia and Alzhimer’s Parkinson and increase in demand from developing countries attributed to non-invasiveness procedures. Moreover factors such as advances in radiotracers is also fueling the growth ofglobal radiopharmaceutical market.However, side effects due to consumption of high doses and stringent regulatory guidelines restraints the growth of market.
The global radiopharmaceuticals market is segmented on the basis of product type, application and geography. On the basis on product type the market is segmented into diagnostic and therapeutic products. Diagnostic products market is further classified into SPECT and PET isotopes. Therapeutics market segment is further classified alpha emitters, beta emitters, and brachytherapy. On the basis of application market is segmented into cardiology, neurology, oncology, thyroid, bone metastasis, and endocrine tumors. Geographic breakdown and deep analysis of each of the aforesaid segments is included for North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and rest of the world (RoW).
Some of themajor companies in global radiopharmaceuticals market are Cardinal Health, Inc., GE Healthcare, Eczacibasi-Monrol Nuclear Products, Bayer Healthcare AG, IBA Molecular Imaging, Mallinckrodt plc., Sigma Aldrich Corporation, Medtronic plc, Nordien, Inc., Jubilant Pharma, and Siemens Healthcare.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of radiopharmaceuticals market with respect to major segments such as product type and application of the market.
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2016-2025 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2017 and 2025.
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities.
- An exhaustive regional analysis of radiopharmaceuticals market.
- Profile of key players of the radiopharmaceuticals market, which include key financials, product & services and new developments.
Scope of Radiopharmaceuticals Market
Product Type Segments
- PET isotopes
- Classified alpha emitters
- Beta emitters
- Bone metastasis
- Endocrine tumors
- North America
- United Kingdom
- South Korea
- South America
- Middle East