Active Optical Cable Market Overview :
Global active optical cable market is estimated to reach $8,493 Million by 2025; growing at a CAGR of 33.5% from 2017 to 2025. Active optical cable consists of fiber optic transceivers, multimode optical fiber, modules and control chip. It uses electrical-to-optical conversion on the cable ends to enhance speed and distance performance of the cable without sacrificing compatibility with standard electrical interfaces. Some of the benefits of fiber optical cables are they provide capability to short and long distances, low cost, hard to tap into the optics, low bit-error rate, and no cleaning of the optics needed, among others. These are considered to be one of the biggest technical transitions in the communications industry and huge opportunities for photonic interconnects.
Increase in demand for higher bandwidth, growing demand for active optical cable in data center, and shift of telecom sector towards faster optical networks are the major factor driving the growth of the market. In addition, increasing investments by governments to improve connectivity within the region. However, high initial investment associated with the active optical cable and challenges from optical network security fiber hack are the restraints of the market. Moreover, advancements in fiber optics technology is expected to equally influence the overall growth of market during the forecast period.
The segment of active optical cable market includes connector, protocol, application and geography. By connector, the market is segmented as QSFP, CXP, CDFP, CFP, SFP and Other connectors (CX4 and mixed connectors). Protocol is bifurcated into InfiniBand, ethernet, HDMI, DisplayPort, USB and other protocols (thunderbolt, PCI express). Further, application segment comprises data center, high performance computing, personal computer, digital signage, consumer electronics and Other applications (transport, telecom cable, medical, airport, aircrafts, ships).
Based on geography, the global active optical cable market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW). North America is further bifurcated in U.S., Canada, and Mexica, whereas Europe consists of UK, Germany, France, Italy, and Rest of Europe. Asia-Pacific is segmented into India, China, Japan, South Korea, and Rest of Asia-Pacific while RoW is bifurcated into South America, Middle East, and Africa.
Some of the major players operating in the market include Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd., International Business Machines (IBM) Corporation, 3M, FUJITSU, Amphenol Corporation, Oclaro, Inc., VIAVI Solutions Inc., Broadcom, Siemon, and Finisar Corporation, among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Global Active Optical Cable Market with respect to major segments such as connector, protocol, application and geography.
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2016 – 2025 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2017 and 2025
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Global Active Optical Cable Market has been included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Global Active Optical Cable Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of the Global Active Optical Cable Market
- Other Connectors (CX4 And Mixed Connectors)
- Other protocols (Thunderbolt, PCI Express)
- Data Center
- High Performance Computing
- Personal Computer
- Digital Signage
- Consumer Electronics
- Other Applications (Transport, Telecom Cable, Medical, Airport, Aircrafts, Ships)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Middle East