Autonomous Underwater Vehicles Market Overview :
Autonomous underwater vehicle is a device that is driven in the water through a propulsion system, controlled and piloted by an onboard computer, and controllable in three dimensions, according to various applications. The AUVs that are used in today’s time are many and vary in their construction build-ups. They range from being small to extremely large ones. But all these AUVs are extremely well when it comes to the duty that they are created to fulfil. AUVs are used for various operations such as commercial purposes, military purposes, research and exploring purposes, and extra-curricular interests. Some AUVs can also make decisions on their own, changing their mission profile based on environmental data they receive through sensors while under way. There are several vehicles operating successfully in the offshore industries as well as in the applied and academic oceanographic sciences.
The growth of the global autonomous underwater vehicles market is mainly driven by factors such as increasing demand for AUVs for applications in environmental protection, and military & defense, and oil & gas sectors. Additionally, growing importance of more reliable security measures worldwide is the factor supporting the market growth. However, high costs of AUVs operation is the major challenges involved in the global autonomous underwater vehicles market. Moreover, achievement of advanced technologies is expected to open up new growth opportunities over the years to come.
The global autonomous underwater vehicles market is segmented on the basis of type, technology, component, application and geography. The market is segmented by type as large AUVs, medium AUVs and shallow AUVs. Moreover, the market is segmented by technology as collision avoidance, imaging, communication, navigation and propulsion. By component, the market is categorized into cameras, synthetic aperture sonars, sensors, echo sounders, acoustic doppler current profilers and other components. By application, the market is further categorized into military & defense, environmental protection and monitoring, oil & gas, oceanography, archeological and exploration and search and salvage operations.
Based on geography, global autonomous underwater vehicles market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW). North America is further bifurcated into U.S., Canada, and Mexico whereas Europe segment consist of UK, Germany, France, Italy, and Rest of Europe. Asia-Pacific is segmented into India, China, Japan, South Korea, and Rest of Asia-Pacific while RoW is bifurcated into South America, Middle East, and Africa.
The key market players include Kongsberg Maritime, General Dynamics Mission Systems, Inc., ECA GROUP, Saab AB, Lockheed Martin Corporation, Fugro, Atlas Elektronik GmbH, Boston Engineering Corporation, International Submarine Engineering Limited, GRAAL, inc., among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of the Global Autonomous Underwater Vehicles Market with respect to major segments such as type, technology, component, application and geography.
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2016 – 2025 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2017 and 2025
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of the Global Autonomous Underwater Vehicles Market has been included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Global Autonomous Underwater Vehicles Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of the Global Autonomous Underwater Vehicles Market
- Large AUVs
- Medium AUVs
- Shallow AUVs
- Collision Avoidance
- Synthetic Aperture Sonars
- Echo Sounders
- Acoustic Doppler Current Profilers
- Other Components
- Military & Defense
- Environmental Protection and Monitoring
- Oil & Gas
- Archeological and Exploration
- Search and Salvage Operations
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Middle East