Flash memory is a non-volatile computer storage medium that can be reprogrammed and electrically erased. NAND and NOR logic gates are two main types of flash memory. The most violently scaled technology among electronic devices is NAND flash memory. It is used in solid state drives (SSDs), digital camera, universal serial bus (USB) drives, computer random access memory (RAM), pagers, memory cards handsets, graphics cards,), and hybrid drives. Some of the other applications of flash memory include digital cameras, personal computers, digital audio players, industrial robotics, personal data assistants (PDAs), mobile phones, scientific instrumentation, video games, medical electronics, and others.
Major driving factors for this market is increasing dependency for pictures, games, video archiving and video streaming on on-line cloud services. Moreover, growing demand for smart phones and tablets is also a driving factor for flash memory market. However, the rotating disk technology grounded on magnetic storage witnessing the growth of this market. Reducing prices of flash memory, increasing capacity of NAND memory and technology advancement are creating future opportunities for the flash memory market.
The flash memory market is segmented into product type, application and geography. On the basis of product type, the market is segmented into traditional Memory and emerging Memory. On the basis of application, the market is segmented into automotive and Transportation, consumer Electronics, industrial, healthcare, enterprise storage, energy and power distribution, telecommunication, military and aerospace. Based on geography, the PPE market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and rest of the world (RoW).
Major players for flash memory market are SK Hynix Inc, Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd, Toshiba Corp, Micron Technology Inc. Intel Corp, SanDisk Corp., Apple Inc., among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of flash memory market with respect to major segments such as product type and application of the market.
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015-2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024.
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities.
- An exhaustive regional analysis of flash memory market.
- Profile of key players of the flash memory market, which include key financials, product & services and new developments.
Scope of Flash Memory Market
Product Type Segments
- Traditional memory
- Emerging memory
- Automotive and transportation
- Consumer electronics
- Enterprise storage
- Energy and power distribution
- Military and Aerospace
- North America
- United Kingdom
- South Korea
- South America
- Middle East