Global Focused Ion Beam (FIB) Market is estimated to reach $530 million by 2024; growing at a CAGR of 6.8% from 2016 to 2024. Focused Ion Beam is an advanced technique majorly used in industries such as materials science, semiconductor, and others. Currently, FIB systems are commonly found in a broad range of applications in medical science laboratories. FIB technique has also gained popularity in the biological field for deposition, ablation of materials, and site specific analysis.
Rise in demand for ion beam lithography, increased demand for failure analysis equipment, and increased application of focused ion beam systems in sample preparation are the major factors driving the global focused ion beam market. However, high cost of focused ion beam systems would restrain the market growth in coming years. Product innovation would provide several growth opportunities for the market in coming years.
Ion beam sources and application are the major segments of global focused ion beam market. By ion beam sources, the market is segmented into iridium, gallium, gold and others. By application, the market is further divided into nanofabrication, sample preparation and others. By ion beam sources, gallium dominated the market in 2016, accounting for more than half of the total market size, driven by its extensive usage as a liquid ion source for high resolution, focused ion beam imaging, depth profiling, nanofabrication, and ion beam lithography. The iridium segment is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period, owing to being an important alloying agent. The sample preparation segment accounted for the largest market share in the overall application segment in 2016. Geographically, the market is categorised into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World (RoW).
Based on geography, the global focused Ion beam market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and (RoW). The U.S., Mexico and Canada are covered under North America wherein Europe covers Germany, UK, Netherland, and others. Asia-Pacific covers China, India, Japan, and others. Rest of the World (RoW) covers South America, Middle East and Africa.
Major companies operating in this market are Hitachi High-Technologies Corp., FEI, Carl Zeiss AG, JEOL Ltd., Evans Analytical Group, Fibics Incorporated, TESCAN ORSAY HOLDING a.s., ZEROK Nanotech, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc, and Raith GmbH among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Focused Ion Beam Market with respect to major segments such as ion beam sources type, and application
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015-2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Focused Ion Beam Market has been included in the report
- Profile of the key players of the Focused Ion Beam Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of Focused Ion Beam Market
Ion Beam Sources Type Segments
- Sample Preparation
- North America
- United Kingdom
- South Korea
- South America
- Middle East
- North America