Memristor Market Overview :
Global Memristor Market is estimated to reach $465 million by 2024; growing at a CAGR of 80.1% from 2016 to 2024. Memristor is a memory device, which also work as a resistor in the circuit. The important feature of memristor is that, it has the ability to retain its resistance value during power cut. Various attractive features such as short read & write timing, compact size, and high retention is raising the popularity of memristors among wide application areas such as IT & telecommunication, defense, electronics, industrial, automotive, and healthcare. Increase in demand for compact memory devices in smart watches and other wearable devices show an increasing trend for memristors in the near future.
Surge in demand for larger data storage capacity chips and problem of heat generation in devices due to higher densities are the major factors driving the global memristor market. Moreover, growing acceptance of industrial robots has also supplemented the demand for compact and advanced memory. However, lack of skilled professionals would act as a restraint for the market. Growing consumer awareness regarding technological innovations and capability of memristors to replace the increasing number of transistors on a circuit would provide several growth opportunities for the market in the coming years.
The global memristor market has been segmented on the basis of product type, industry vertical, and geography. By product type, the market is further segmented into molecular & ionic film memristor and spin based & magnetic memristor. By industry vertical, the market is categorized into electronics, industrial, automotive, healthcare, IT & telecommunication and aerospace & defense.
Based on geography, the global memristor market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and (RoW). The U.S., Mexico and Canada are covered under North America wherein Europe covers UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and others. Asia-Pacific covers China, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, and others. Rest of the World (RoW) covers South America, Middle East and Africa.
Major companies operating in the Memristor market are Intel Corporation, Knowm Inc., Micron Technology, Inc., Panasonic Corporation, HP Development Company, Rambus Incorporated, Samsung, SanDisk Corporation, Toshiba Corporation, and Sk Hynix Inc., among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Memristor Market with respect to major segments such as type, and industry vertical
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015-2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities of the global Memristor Market
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Memristor Market from 2015 to 2024 has been included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Memristor Market, will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of Memristor Market
Product Type Segments
- Molecular & Ionic Film Memristor
- Spin Based & Magnetic Memristor
Industry Vertical Type Segments
- IT & Telecommunication
- Aerospace & Defense
- North America
- South Korea
- South America
- Middle East