Photonics is the science of light detection, generation, and manipulation over transmission, emission, signal processing, modulation, switching, sensing and amplification, Photonics is viewed as one of the key enabling technologies in the past, leading to the growth of new products and services with considerable economic benefits. The wide range of devices or equipment’s with photonic-based components is expected to influence the global demand for the technology positively.
Considered by superior attributes such as low-power consumption, small size, and scalable functionality, higher efficiency, the PICs have been the perfect replacement for electronics in many devices and systems that need miniaturization and optimum performance. The superior structures of these ICs have led to their incorporation in laptops, mobile phones, and other mobile devices which in turn is projected to increase its acceptance in consumer segment. Rooted computing capabilities, low weight, high level of combined functionalities, power efficiency and hyper-scale performance are anticipated to fuel the demand for photonic ICs in coming future. High cost of manufacturing for these PICs is the major constrain of the market. On the other hand. increasing technological advancements is expected to create various opportunities for the market.
The global photonics IC market has been segmented into product type, application and geography. On the basis of product type, global market has been divided into lasers, optical modulators, detectors, optical amplifiers, multiplexers and attenuator. On the basis of application, the market has been segmented as optical signal processing, optical communication, sensing, and biophotonics.
Based on geography, global photonics IC market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW). North America is further bifurcated in U.S., Canada, and Mexico whereas Europe segment consist of UK, Germany, France, Italy, and others. Asia-Pacific is segmented into India, China, Japan, South Korea, and others while RoW is bifurcated into South America, Middle East, and Africa.
The key players operating in the market are Hewlett-Packard Company, Ciena Corporation, Hamamatsu Photonics K.K., IBM Corp., NeoPhotonics Corporation, Viavi Solutions, Inc., 3S Photonics S.A.S, Innolume GmbH, Infinera Corp., and Broadcom Limited among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Photonics IC Market with respect to major segments such as product type, application, and geography
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015 - 2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Photonics IC Market has been included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Photonics IC Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of Photonics IC Market
Product Type Segments
- Optical Modulators
- Optical Amplifiers
- Optical signal processing
- Optical communication
- North America
- South Korea
- South America
- Middle East