SCADA Market Overview :
Global SCADA Market is estimated to reach $48 billion by 2024; growing at a CAGR of 5.7% from 2016 to 2024. SCADA or supervisory control and data acquisition is an industrial automation control system, used in gathering of data in real time from different locations for monitoring & controlling of a plant or equipment in industries. All these functions can be controlled from a centralized location. Supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) works well in any kind of enterprises, ranging from simple configurations to large and complex projects. They are being used in power plants, telecommunications, oil & gas refining, and transportation, among others. Numerous institutions have been included with the standardization of Supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems such as American National Standards Institute, IEEE, and Electric Power Research Institute, among others.
Technological developments and penetration of SCADA in various sectors are boosting the growth of the global SCADA market. Moreover, rising demand for process automation in different energy verticals and integration of SCADA with IT corporates are also expected to fuel the growth of the market. However, cyber security may hinder the growth of the market. Furthermore, opportunities from various small enterprises from emerging economies and cloud-based SCADA would provide growth in the upcoming years.
The global SCADA market is segmented based on the component, architecture, application and geography. Component segment is further segmented into human machine interface (HMI), remote terminal unit (RTU), programmable logic control (PLC), SCADA communication systems and others. Architecture segment can be bifurcated into hardware, software and services. Furthermore, application segment includes transportation, electric power, water & wastewater, oil & gas, manufacturing, food & beverages, telecommunication, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, and others.
The global SCADA market by geography is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World (RoW). The U.S., Mexico and Canada are covered under North America wherein Europe covers U.K, Germany, France, and others. Asia-Pacific covers China, India, Japan, Taiwan, and others. RoW covers South America, Middle East and Africa.
Key market players in the SCADA market are Honeywell International, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, IBM Corporation, Hitachi, Ltd., Schneider Electric SE, General Electric, ABB, GE Intelligent Platforms, Siemens AG, and B-SCADA Inc., among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of SCADA Market with respect to major segments such as component, architecture and application
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015-2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of SCADA market has been included in the report
- Profile of the key players of the SCADA market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of SCADA Market
- Programmable Logic Control (PLC)
- Human Machine Interface (HMI)
- SCADA Communication Systems
- Remote Terminal Unit (RTU)
- Water & Wastewater
- Oil & Gas
- Electric Power
- Food & Beverages
- North America
- United Kingdom
- South America
- Middle East