System-on-Chip Market Overview :
A system-on-chip (SoC) combines the required electronic circuits of various computer components onto a single, integrated chip (IC). It is a complete electronic substrate system that may include analog, digital, mixed-signal or radio frequency functions. Its components usually include a central processing unit (CPU) a graphical processing unit (GPU), that may be multi-core, and system memory (RAM). System-on-a-chip technology is used in small and progressively complex consumer electronic devices. As system on a chip includes both the hardware and software, it performs better, uses less power, requires less space and is more consistent than multi-chip systems. Most SoC’s nowadays come inside mobile devices like smartphones and tablets.
Rising demand for smart and power efficient electronic devices, rising demand for mobile computing devices and other miniaturized consumer electronics, and compact nature of system-on-chip are the key drivers fueling the global system-on-chip market. However, high cost of design and development may limit the market from growing. Moreover, adoption of SoCs in nanorobots as programmable antibodies to fend off incurable disease, and the development of technological advanced SoCs with more features leading to better resistivity of wires and higher interconnectivity is likely to open up new growth opportunities for the market in the forthcoming future.
Type, application, and geography are the major segments considered in the global system-on-chip market. The type segment is further sub-segmented into, digital, analog, and mixed signal. Furthermore, the application segment is bifurcated on the basis of consumer electronics, automotive, and telecommunication.
Based on geography, system-on-chip market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW). North America is further bifurcated in U.S., Canada, and Mexico whereas Europe consists of UK, Germany, France, Italy, and Rest of Europe. Asia-Pacific is segmented into India, China, Japan, South Korea and Rest of Asia-Pacific while RoW is bifurcated into South America, Middle East, and Africa.
Key players operating in the market include Apple Inc. Intel Corporation, Samsung Electronics, Toshiba Corporation, Infineon Technologies, Broadcom Limited, Qualcomm Inc., Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. Ltd., STMicroelectronics N.V., and MediaTek Inc.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Global System-on-Chip Market with respect to major segments such as type, application, and geography
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2016 – 2025 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2017 and 2025
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Global System-on-Chip Market has been included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Global System-on-Chip Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of the Global System-on-Chip Market
- Mixed Signal
- Consumer Electronics
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Middle East