Ultracapacitor Market Overview :
Global Ultracapacitor Market is estimated to reach $8,037 Million by 2024; growing at a CAGR of 17.0% from 2016 to 2024. An ultracapacitor, also known as a supercapacitor or Electronic Double Layer Capacitor (EDLC), is an electrical component which has a capability of holding hundreds of times more electrical charge than a normal capacitor. Ultracapacitor is low resistance and has a capability to deliver high power and enable high load currents. It has a simple and fast charging method with no overcharging and is extensively used in electrical smart meters.
Global Ultracapacitor Market Size and Forecast, 2015 - 2024 (US$ Million)
Rapid electrification in vehicles and rise in demand for ultracapacitors in hybrid powertrain systems and regenerative braking are the major factors driving the global ultracapacitors market. However, high production cost is a major challenge for the market players. Use of ultracapacitor in electric turbocharger would generate new business opportunities for the market in the near future.
The global ultracapacitor market is segmented by application, and geography. By application, the market is bifurcated into automotive (bus, auto, train, and others), industrial (cranes, valves, mining, and smart grid), energy (wind, solar, and energy harvesting), electronics (solid state disk drive, non-volatile RAM, and UPS), and others (aerospace/military).
Global Ultracapacitor market share by region, 2024 (value%)
Based on geography, ultracapacitor market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW). North America is further bifurcated in U.S., Canada, and Mexico whereas Europe segment consist of UK, Germany, France, Italy, and others. Asia-Pacific is segmented into China, Japan, India, Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong, and others while RoW is bifurcated into South America, Middle East, and Africa.
Companies profiled in the report are Maxwell Technologies Inc, Tokin Corporation, Nesscap Co Ltd, Vinatech Co Ltd., Cap-XX, Ioxus Inc, LS Mtron Ltd, Nippon Chemi-Con Corporation, Panasonic Corporation, and Supreme Power Solutions Co Ltd, among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Global Ultracapacitor Market with respect to major segments such as application, and geography
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015-2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities of the Ultracapacitor Market
- An exhaustive regional analysis of the Global Ultracapacitor Market has been included in the report
- Profile of key players in the Global Ultracapacitor Market, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of Global Ultracapacitor Market
Application Type Segments
- Other automotive
- Smart Grid
- Energy Harvesting
- Solid State Disk Drive
- Non-Volatile RAM
- Other Applications (Aerospace/Military)
- North America
- Hong Kong
- South America
- Middle East