Global Virtual Reality In Gaming Market is estimated to reach $43.4 Billion by 2024; growing at a CAGR of 29.5% from 2016 to 2024. Virtual reality (VR) is a computer technology and a computer-generated simulation of a three-dimensional image or environment by which a gamer can interact with an apparently real or physical way by the use of special electronic equipment’s, such as a helmet with a screen, and gloves fitted with sensors. Additionally, with VR equipment’s the gamer is able to look everywhere, move around, and even interact with the objects inside the game. Moreover, it produces a set of data which is then used to develop new models, training methods, interaction, and communication.
Global Virtual Reality in Gaming Market Size and Forecast, 2015 - 2024 (US$ Billion)
The major aspects driving the global virtual reality in gaming market are rising disposable income of buyers in the developing nations, budding demand for latest technologies in electronic games, and growing competition for developing virtual reality technology in computerized games. Although, high initial investment, lack of awareness about VR technology in games, and compatibility issues of VR with consoles are some major problems to deal with respect to market growth. Furthermore, advancement in booming VR technology, introduction of depth-sensing camera for VR headsets is highly expected to create numerous growth opportunities for the market in the future.
The market for virtual reality in gaming is classified on the basis of component, type of gaming console, and geography. The classification by component includes software, and hardware. Type of gaming console is bifurcated as Xbox, personal computer, Mac, PlayStation, and Nintendo Wii.
Global Virtual Reality in Gaming market share by region, 2024 (value%)
Based on geographical analysis, virtual reality in gaming market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW). North America is further bifurcated in U.S., Canada, and Mexico whereas Europe consist of UK, Germany, France, Italy, and others. Asia-Pacific is segmented into India, China, Japan, South Korea, and others while RoW is bifurcated into South America, Middle East, and Africa.
The key market player includes Sony Corporation, Google Inc., Oculus VR, LLC, Microsoft Corporation, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., HTC Corporation, EON Reality Inc., Vuzix Corporation, CyberGlove Systems Inc., and Sixense Entertainment, Inc., among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Global Virtual Reality In Gaming Market with respect to major segments such as component, and type of gaming console
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015-2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Global Virtual Reality In Gaming Market has been included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Global Virtual Reality In Gaming Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of Virtual Reality In Gaming Market
Type of Gaming Console Segments
- Personal Computer
- Nintendo Wii
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- South America
- Middle East