Global Gasoline Direct Injection Market is estimated to reach $10,771 million by 2024 with CAGR of 18.3% between 2016 and 2024. Gasoline direct injection (GDI) is a technique that sprays the gasoline, via fuel line, directly onto the combustion chamber. They are mainly employed in two-stroke and four-stroke gasoline engines. Vehicle manufacturers have made numerous approaches to design engines, owing to increasing need to reduce fuel consumption and growing stringent emissions regulations. GDI along with turbocharging is presently one of the most widely used cost-effective technologies for gasoline engines. Gasoline engines works only with thin air & fuel mixture; however, only vaporized fuel burns completely. The advantages of gasoline direct injection include lower CO2 emission, higher compression ratios, better knock resistance, improved torque & horsepower, fuel efficiency and enhancement of cylinder scavenging, among others.
Global Gasoline Direct Injection Market Size and Forecast, 2015 - 2024 (US$ Million)
Need for fuel efficient & high performance vehicles and high adoption of automotive GDI are supporting the growth of the gasoline direct injection market. Moreover, increasing rules & regulations to reduce the carbon emission is also fueling the growth of the market. However, high cost of GDI systems and growing popularity of electric vehicles may hinder the growth of the market. Furthermore, technological advancements and advanced GDI systems in hybrid vehicles would provide growth opportunities in the coming years.
The global gasoline direct injection market is categorized on the basis of component, vehicle type and geography. By component, the market is segmented into fuel injection, fuel pump, sensors, ECU and others. Furthermore, by vehicle type, it is segmented into passenger cars, light commercial vehicles and heavy commercial vehicles.
Global Gasoline Direct Injection Market by Geography, 2024 (Value %)
By geography, the global gasoline direct injection market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World (RoW). The U.S., Canada and Mexico are covered under North America wherein Europe covers France, Germany, Italy, U.K. and others. Asia-Pacific covers Australia, China, Japan, India and others. Rest of the World (RoW) covers South America, Middle East and Africa.
Key market players include Delphi Automotive LLP., Infineon Technologies AG, Robert Bosch GmbH, Hitachi Automotive Systems, Ltd., Bajaj Auto Ltd., Eaton Corporation, Mitsubishi Electric Corp., MSR-Jebsen Technologies, Continental AG, and Keihin Corporation, among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Gasoline Direct Injection market with respect to major segments such as component and vehicle type
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015-2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Gasoline Direct Injection market will be included in the report
- Profile of the key players of the Gasoline Direct Injection market, will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments, and business strategies
Scope of Gasoline Direct Injection Market
- Fuel Injection
- Fuel Pump
Vehicle Type Segments
- Passenger Cars
- Light Commercial Vehicles
- Heavy Commercial Vehicles
- North America
- South America
- Middle East