An ultracapacitor, also known as a supercapacitor or Electronic Double Layer Capacitor (EDLC), is an electrical component which has a capability of holding hundreds of times more electrical charge than a normal capacitor. Ultracapacitor is low resistance and has a capability to deliver high power and enable high load currents. It has a simple and fast charging method with no overcharging and is extensively used in electrical smart meters.
Rapid electrification in vehicles and rise in demand for ultracapacitors in hybrid powertrain systems and regenerative braking are the major factors driving the global ultracapacitors market. However, high production cost is a major challenge for the market players. Use of ultracapacitor in electric turbocharger would generate new business opportunities for the market in the near future.
The global ultracapacitor market is segmented by power type, application and geography. By application, the market is bifurcated into energy, electronics, telecommunications, heavy equipment, grid storage, industrial, and automotive. Under the power type segment, less than 10 volts, 10 volts to 25 volts Modules, 25 volts to 50 volts Modules, 50 volts to 100 volts Modules and above 100 volts Modules are covered. Geographically, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Rest of the World.
Companies profiled in the report are Maxwell Technologies Inc, Nec-Tokin, Nesscap Co Ltd, Vinatech Co Ltd., Cap-XX, Ioxus Inc, LS Mtron, Nippon Chemi-Con Corporation, Panasonic Corporation, and Supreme Power Solutions Co Ltd among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Ultracapacitor Market with respect to major segments such as component type and end user of the market
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015-2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities of the Ultracapacitor Market
- An exhaustive regional analysis of the Ultracapacitor Market has been included in the report
- Profile of key players in the Ultracapacitor Market, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of Ultracapacitor Market
Voltage Type Segments
- Less than 10 volts
- 10 volts to 25 volts Modules
- 25 volts to 50 volts Modules
- 50 volts to 100 volts Modules
- Above 100 volts Modules
Application Type Segments
- Energy Harvesting
- Non-volatile RAM
- Solid state disk drive
- Heavy Equipment
- Grid Storage
- Smart Grid
- Train and Tram
- North America
- South America
- Middle East