Diesel Engine Market Overview :
Global Diesel Engine Market is expected to reach $XX Million by 2024 growing at a CAGR of XX.X% from 2016 to 2024. Diesel engine is an internal combustion engine, where the chemical energy stored in the fuel is converted into mechanical energy. Diesel engines can be used in two-stroke and four-stroke engines as well. They are manufactured as v-configuration units or as inline. Diesel engines are commonly used in automobiles, power generators and mechanical engines. They are also used in other industrial applications. Diesel powered generators are highly used in various commercial and industrial sectors. Various researches are being carried out to control the emission, alternative fuels and to improve the turbine technology. Diesel engines are attracting various applications owing to its cost effectiveness and higher efficiency.
Growth in automobile sector, rising demand for heavy equipment and expanding marine tourism are the factors supporting the growth of the global diesel engine market. Increasing applications and growing investments in mining sector also boosts the growth of the market. However, stringent regulations regarding emission and growing popularity of electric vehicles may restrain the growth of the market. Furthermore, technological advancements in reduction of emission might provide growth opportunities in the coming years.
Global diesel engine market is segmented on the basis of power rating, end-user, and country. Based on power rating, the market is segmented as UPTO 0.5 MW, 0.5 MW–1 MW, 1 MW–2 MW, 2 MW–5 MW, and ABOVE 5 MW. By end-user, the market is segmented as On-road diesel engine and Off-road diesel engine. The on-road diesel engine market is further sub-segmented as light vehicles diesel engine, medium/heavy trucks diesel engine, and light trucks diesel engine. The off-road diesel engine market is bifurcated into agriculture equipment diesel engine, industrial/construction equipment diesel engine, and marine diesel engine market. Geographically, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World.
They major market players include Caterpillar Inc., Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Volvo, Komatsu Ltd., Rolls-Royce, Deutz, Cummins, Continental AG, General Motors, and GE Transportation, among others.
he key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Global Diesel Engine Market with respect to major segments such as Power Rating, and End-User
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015-2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive analysis of Diesel Engine Market has been included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Global Diesel Engine Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of Global Diesel Engine Market
Power Rating Segments
- UPTO 0.5 MW
- 0.5 MW–1 MW
- 1 MW–2 MW
- 2 MW–5 MW
- ABOVE 5 MW
- On-Road Diesel Engine
- Light vehicles diesel engine
- Medium/heavy trucks diesel engine
- Light trucks diesel engine
- Off-Road Diesel Engine
- Agriculture equipment diesel engine
- Industrial/construction equipment diesel engine
- Marine diesel engine market
- North America
- South America
- The Middle East