Diesel engine is an internal combustion engine, where the chemical energy stored in the fuel is converted into mechanical energy. Diesel engines can be used in two-stroke and four-stroke engines as well. They are manufactured as v-configuration units or as inline. Diesel engines are commonly used in automobiles, power generators and mechanical engines. They are also used in other industrial applications. Diesel powered generators are highly used in various commercial and industrial sectors. Various researches are being carried out to control the emission, alternative fuels and to improve the turbine technology. Diesel engines are attracting various applications owing to its cost effectiveness and higher efficiency.
Growth in automobile sector, rising demand for heavy equipment and expanding marine tourism are the factors supporting the growth of the global diesel engine market. Increasing applications and growing investments in mining sector also boosts the growth of the market. However, growing concern over emission and growing popularity of electric vehicles may restrain the growth of the market. Furthermore, technological advancements in reduction of emission might provide growth opportunities in the coming years.
Global diesel engine market is segmented on the basis of type, industry and geography. Based on type, market is segmented as below 100KW, 100-500KW, 500-1000KW, 1000-1500KW and others. The market is segmented by industry as automobile, aerospace, construction, power generators, turf equipment and others. Based on geography segmentation is done as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World (RoW).
They major market players include Continental AG, General Motors, ACGO Company, General Motors, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Deere & Company, Henan Diesel Engine, Ford Motors, Caterpillar and Detroit Diesel Corporation, among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Diesel Engine Market with respect to major segments such as type and industry of the market.
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015-2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024.
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities.
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Diesel Engine Market.
- Profile of key players of the Diesel Engine Market, which include key financials, product & services and new developments.
Scope of Diesel Engine Market
- Below 100KW
- Power Generators
- Turf Equipment
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- South America
- Middle East