Electronic Health Records Market Overview :
Global Electronic Health Records Market is estimated to reach $40 Billion by 2024; growing at a CAGR of 6.9% from 2016 to 2024. Electronic health records (EHR) include organized collection of patient and population’s health-related information electronically in a digital format. EHR comprises of medical history, vital signs, medication and allergies, laboratory test results, demographics, personal data, and billing records. They are used to store data accurately over the time. It reduces the time taken by tracking down the patient’s previous medical records, and aids in making the data precise and legible. Moreover, these data can be managed by authorized providers only, and can also be share to other authorized healthcare organizations such as pharmacies, laboratories, medical imaging facilities, and others.
Global Electronic Health Records Market Size and Forecast, 2015 - 2024 (US$ Billion)
Governments and insurance companies boosting the adoption of EHR, need to maximize patient safety, and technological advancements in healthcare IT are the factors surging the growth of the global electronic health records market. Increasing demand for digitalization and centralization in healthcare sector, and adoption of big data also support the growth of the market. However, high initial cost, interoperability concerns, and lack of technical knowledge would hamper the adoption among end users. Furthermore, market expansion, and increasing public and private investments could offer several market opportunities in the coming years.
The electronic health records market is segmented as delivery mode, end user, and geography. Delivery mode is categorized into client server based, and web based/ cloud based server. Furthermore, end user is bifurcated as hospital, and ambulatory.
Global Electronic Health Records market share by region, 2024 (value%)
Based on geography, global electronic health records market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW). North America is further bifurcated in U.S., Canada and Mexico whereas Europe consist of UK, Germany, France, and others. Asia-Pacific is segmented into China, India, Japan, Australia, and others, while RoW is bifurcated into South America, Middle East and Africa.
The key market players include Athenahealth, Inc., Medical Information Technology, Inc., GE Healthcare, Epic Systems Corporation, Allscripts Healthcare Solutions, Inc., NextGen Healthcare, AdvancedMD, Inc., Greenway Health, LLC, Cerner Corporation, and McKesson Corporation, among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Global Electronic Health Records Market with respect to major segments such as delivery mode, and end user
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015-2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Global Electronic Healths Record Market has been included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Global Electronic Health Records Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of Electronic Health Records Market
Delivery Mode Segments
- Client Server Based
- Web Based/ Cloud Based Server
End User Segments
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South America
- Middle East