Peripheral IV Catheters Market Overview :
Global Peripheral IV Catheters Market is estimated to reach $6,027 Million by 2024; growing at a CAGR of 6.2% from 2016 to 2024. Peripheral IV catheters are the most common invasive procedures among patients for administering blood, medications and other fluids. These catheters ensure safe infusion of fluids or medications into the peripheral vein. The fluids flow faster through shorter and larger diameter tube and are commonly given to most patients in emergency room and during surgical conditions. However, there is a probability of patient getting infected with catheters associated infections. Thereby government of various countries have necessitated guidelines to be followed by manufacturers and hospitals. For instance, the US Center for Disease Control has released guidelines for the prevention of infection associated with peripheral IV catheters. They also stated that the catheters must be replaced every 72-96 hours to decrease the potential of infection.
Growing number of infections and diseases globally, rising healthcare infrastructure, and increasing use of peripheral IV catheters drives the growth of the market. Moreover, increasing aging population and growing preference of injectable drugs also support the growth of the market. However, probability of causing serious infectious complications might hinder the adoption of these catheters. Furthermore, technological advancements in peripheral IV catheter that would overcome these complications could provide growth opportunities in coming years.
The global peripheral IV caterers market is categorized into technology, clinical area, end user, and geography. By technology, the market is bifurcated into safety and conventional. Clinical area is segmented into oncology, gastroenterology, renal diseases, pediatric diseases, infectious diseases and others. Furthermore, end-user is bifurcated into hospitals, ASC, clinics, home healthcare and others.
By geography, the market has been bifurcated into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World (RoW). The U.S., Canada, and Mexico are covered under North America wherein Europe covers UK, Germany, France and others. Asia-Pacific covers China, Japan, India, and others. RoW covers South America, Middle East, and Africa.
Key players include Tangent Medical Technologies, Inc., Smith Medical plc, B. Braun Melsungen AG, C. R. Bard, Inc., Becton, Dickinson and Company, Argon Medical Devices Inc., Terumo Corporation, Vygon SA, Teleflex Inc., and Vigmed AB, among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide a detailed analysis of Global Peripheral IV Catheters Market with respect to major segments such as technology, clinical area, and end user
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015-2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Global Peripheral IV Catheters Market from 2015 to 2024 has been included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Global Peripheral IV Catheters Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of the Global Peripheral IV Catheters Market
Clinical Area Segments
- Renal Diseases
- Pediatric Diseases
- Infectious Diseases
- Other Clinical Areas
End User Segments
- Home Healthcare
- Other End Users
- North America
- South America
- Middle East