Global Dry Eye Syndrome Market is estimated to reach $4.9 Billion by 2024 with CAGR of 6.9% between 2016 and 2024. Dry Eye Syndrome, medicinally known as Dysfunctional tear syndrome, is an ocular disorder, which can occur when any living animal is unable to produce ample of their own tears. The major causes of dry eye syndrome are LASIK surgery, vitamin A deficiency, pregnancy, Meibomian gland dysfunction, and neurotrophic deficiency. There are two major categories of Dry Eye Syndrome such as evaporative and aqueous deficiency. On time cure of this disease may save the life of affected person or animal. It is one of the most prevailing diseases globally. Dry Eye Syndrome is chronic disease condition introduces by contact lens wear, advanced age, certain medications, or environmental factors.
Global Dry Eye Syndrome Market Size and Forecast, 2015 - 2024 (US$ Billion)
Growing prevalence of dry eye syndrome among population and increasing number of life style disease are the factors supporting the growth of the dry eye syndrome market. Moreover, government initiative and increase in the number of research and development also fuel the growth of market. The major restraints are expiry of patent and self- directed medication. Technological advancement would provide market opportunities in the coming years.
The global Dry Eye Syndrome market is segmented on the basis of type, treatment type, and geography. On the basis of type the market is segmented into evaporative dry eye and aqueous dry eye. Treatment type is further segmented into nutritional supplement, serum eye drops, lubricant eye drops (oily tear eye drops, ointments and preservative-free drops) and anti-inflammatory drugs (Tetracyclines and Corticosteroids).
Global Dry Eye Syndrome Market by Type, 2016 Vs 2024
By geography the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World (RoW). The U.S., Canada and Mexico are covered under North America wherein Europe covers U.K., Germany, France, and others. Asia-Pacific covers India, China, Japan and others. RoW covers South America, Middle East and Africa.
Global Dry Eye Syndrome Regional Revenue % (2016 Vs 2024)
Some of the major companies in global Dry Eye Syndrome market are Allergan, Alcon (a wholly-owned subsidiary of Novartis), Santen Pharmaceutical, Shire/SAR code Bioscience, Otsuka Holdings, Can-Fite Biopharma, Novartis, and Eyegate Pharma, among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Dry Eye Syndrome Market with respect to major segments such as type, treatment type and geography
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015-2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be included in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Dry Eye Syndrome Market has been provided in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Dry Eye Syndrome Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of Dry Eye Syndrome Market
- Evaporative Dry Eye
- Aqueous Dry Eye
Treatment Type Segments
- Nutritional Supplements
- Serum Eye Drops
- Lubricant Eye Drops
- Oily Tear Eye Drops
- Preservative-Free drops
- Anti-inflammatory drugs Segments
- North America
- United Kingdom
- South Korea
- South America
- Middle East
Global Dry Eye Syndrome Market Primary Interviews by Geography