Over the Counter (OTC) & Diet Supplementary Market Overview :
Global Over the Counter (OTC) Drugs Market is expected to reach $273 billion by 2024 from $125 billion in 2016; growing at a CAGR of 10.2% from 2016 to 2024. Over the counter (OTC) drugs are those drugs which can be picked by consumer without the prescription of doctors intended to use for diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment or prevention of disease. These OTC need to be labeled safe, effective, pure and accurate by the concerned government authority before they could go into the market. Dietary supplements are regulated like food products and it is used for health purpose. Supplements generally claims about improving the structure of the body or overall well-being..
Global over the counter drug & diet supplement market is currently at its blooming stage attributed to the factors such as increase in number of adults preferring to buy drugs for minor diseases, without consulting the doctor. Moreover, advancement of technology have enabled consumer to get consultation through internet and easy availability of medical data on internet have also fueled the growth of market. However, high regulation and side effects due to high dosage are some of the factors which are restraining the growth of OTC drugs & diet supplementary market.
The global OTC drugs and diet supplement market is segmented on the basis of type and geography. On the basis of type the market is segmented into analgesics and pain relievers, dermatological products, cough, cold, and flu products, vitamin supplements, mineral supplements, ophthalmic products (dry eye, glaucoma, allergic & infective drugs, and other treatments), and other types (digestive products, sleep aids & weight loss products).
Based on geography, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW). North America is further bifurcated in U.S., Canada and Mexico whereas Europe consists of UK, Germany, France, Italy, and Rest of Europe. Asia-Pacific is segmented into China, Japan, and Rest of Asia-Pacific while RoW is bifurcated into South America, Middle East and Africa.
The key market players include Bayer AG, Merck KGaA, Novartis AG, Johnson & Johnson Inc, GlaxoSmithKline Plc, Alkem Laboratories Limited, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Pfizer, Inc., Sun Pharma, and Allergan, Plc., among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Global Over the Counter (OTC) & Diet Supplementary Market with respect to major segments such as type, and geography
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015-2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Global Over the Counter (OTC) & Diet Supplementary Market has been included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Global Over the Counter (OTC) & Diet Supplementary Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of the Global Over the Counter (OTC) & Diet Supplementary Market
- Analgesic & pain relievers
- Dermatological products
- Cough, cold, and flu products
- Vitamin supplements
- Mineral Supplements
- Ophthalmic Products
- Dry Eye
- Allergic & Infective Drugs
- Other Treatments
- Other Types
- Digestive Products
- Sleep Aids & Weight Loss Products
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Middle East