Treatment for Syndromes of Dementia and Movement Disorders Market Overview :
Global Treatment for Syndromes of Dementia and Movement Disorders Market is estimated to reach $28.6 Billion by 2024; growing at a CAGR of 8.9% from 2016 to 2024. Dementia is basically an assortment of symptoms triggered by disorders affecting the brain. Dementia majorly affects thinking capability, and ability to perform day-to-day tasks. Dementia and movement disorders are caused due to brain damages instigated by diseases or a series of strokes. Persons above the age of 65 years are more prone to be affected by these disorders. According to World Alzheimer Report 2015, 46 million people are suffering from dementia and the number is expected to rise to 131.5 million by 2050.
Rapidly increasing geriatric population, growing consumer awareness, and availability of various healthcare services such as psychological therapies, and homecare services are the key factors supporting the growth of the market. Moreover, increasing investments in R&D for further developments in drug discovery and rising occurrence of neurodegenerative disorders also drives the growth of the market. However, lack of proper management of these disorders and long approval time for drugs and devices may hamper the growth of the market. Furthermore, untapped markets, and various initiative programs to improve awareness level would provide several growth opportunities for competitors in the coming years.
The global treatment for syndromes of dementia and movement disorders market is categorized into type and geography. By type, the segment is categorized into movement disorders (Parkinson’s disease, progressive supranuclear palsy, multiple system atrophy, hallervorden-spatz disease and others), progressive dementia (Alzheimer’s disease, Lewy body dementia, frontotemporal dementia/pick and others) and progressive dementia with neurological abnormality (Huntington’s disease, corticobasal ganglionic degeneration, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis(ALS)).
By geography, the market has been bifurcated into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW). The U.S., Canada, and Mexico are covered under North America wherein Europe covers Germany, Italy, UK, France, Spain, and others. Asia-Pacific covers Japan, China, India, and others. RoW covers South America, Middle East, and Africa.
The key players in the market include Valeant Pharmaceutical International, AstraZeneca GmbH, F. Hoffmann-La Roche, AG, Abbott Laboratories, Inc., Merck & Co., Inc., Sanofi S.A., Novartis AS, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Baxter International, Inc., and Pfizer, Inc., among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide a detailed analysis of Global Treatment for Syndromes of Dementia and Movement Disorders Market with respect to major segments such as type, and geography
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015-2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Global Treatment for Syndromes of Dementia and Movement Disorders Market from 2015 to 2024 has been included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Global Treatment for Syndromes of Dementia and Movement Disorders Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of the Global Treatment for Syndromes of Dementia and Movement Disorders Market
- Movement Disorders
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Progressive Supranuclear Palsy
- Multiple System Atrophy
- Hallervorden-Spatz Disease
- Progressive Dementia
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Lewy Body Dementia
- Frontotemporal Dementia/Pick
- Progressive Dementia with Neurological Abnormality (PDNA)
- Huntington’s Disease
- Corticobasal Ganglionic Degeneration
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- North America
- South America
- Middle East